fusionTX

What's the most gallons you've been able to put in at one fill-up?[

11, then again I never run the tank down low enough to put max gallons in. Reason being is I had a fuel pump fail on me from doing just that, and it took out all the wiring in the trunk when it shorted, For some odd reason the fuse never blew. I like to keep the pump in the fuel and the only way to guarantee that it to not go below the E mark. :)

What's the messed up rational behind that?

It's that way in Oregon and New Jersey, don't know why.

Need to fillup this afternoon, have a 60 mile trip and 47 miles DTE, may fit in more than 11.67 this time.

Added: Noted odometer reading once the DTE got to zero (once past that it stays at zero), went 12 more miles to get to gas station, first clicked around 11.55 gallons but I kept clicking and stopped when it got to an even 12.000 gallons.

Edited by jeff_h

Not sure if the warmer weather helped as normally I struggle to get more than 11 gallons in from DTE if 5 but yesterday I managed to get 12.6 with a DTE of -1.

I pushed it a bit further today, went DTE -20, put in 12.2.

Does the DTE actually display negative numbers? On Engineering Test Mode there's a screen with FLPM (fuel level percent of maximum) that I'm going to use next time we get low. But alas it's been almost 2 wks & we've only barely used 1/2 a tank ;)

No, it will only go down to zero... once it got there I noted the odometer and then again once I got to the gas station to see how far past zero it went.

Edited by jeff_h

Short answer, NO. It is not designed to run on EV alone, at least not the non NRG. In fact if the car detects it is out of gas, it can also shut down the entire car to prevent battery damage. Prius do this, and it takes at least 3 gallons and a series of key things to get it running again.