fusionTX

What's the most gallons you've been able to put in at one fill-up?[

this was after you get the red gas tank light

Yes, it goes red at 0 DTE and at that point I estimate there's 1½-2 gallons remaining... I went another 20 past zero and filled up, and apparently there was still 1.3 gallons in there... so I'd say 1½-2 is the approximate reserve amount, which is about the same as my 2010 which had a 17.5 gallon tank and the most I ever got into that was 16.18 gallons...

Its more accurate to do the gallons actually used than to use the Lie-O-meter. Over time the miles driven vx gallons used will give you the most accurate MPG. However whats more important is gallons used than MPG.

Nice thread to read regarding it.

http://priuschat.com/threads/car-and-driver-mileage-no-its-your-gallonage-that-really-counts.95536/

Yeah I know that dreaded roller skate that THOSE people adore.

Try burned out trunk wiring at the cost of $2500. Been there, done that, REALLY dont want to repeat it! :)

I ran it out once, that apparently was all it took, a few weeks later I pulled into my driveway and saw smoke coming up through the speakers. I shut off the car and the smoke stopped, so when i opened the trunk and looked the entire harness was melted. The Fuse for some reason didnt blow.

Yeah...what car was this?

I've ran out ran out before in my old Cavalier (twice) without issue (other than actually running out of gas).

1992 Ford Crown Victoria. It had the HPP package, High Performance and handling, so the pump was a high volume work horse, and guess it doesn't like to run out of fuel at all.