acdii

Accelerating in the 2013

Well that explains why the dealer shows up as EV+. Been parked there as much as at my house.

My daily commute to work is 4 miles or so. I am averaging 33 mpg due to short drives to work and back, short lunch commutes, short commutes to the gym ect. Also we have crappy gas here in Oregon. Why then do they or did they say 47 MPG highway, city and all the time? Misleading to say the least. Now they say up to 47 mpg. My EV+ seems to work good for my home and work locations. Doesn't help my mileage at all however.

You are a perfect candidate for the Energi model. They are designed for drives like yours!

If you have changed programming by this method, that is undesirable. Hybrids are very carefully designed compromises. The objective is that the HVB never fails in the life of the car. At higher speeds, you do not want EV being used much as it is less efficient than the ICE. EV is for transient acceleration, regen braking and ICE-EV cycling at low speeds where that is more efficient than ICE only. EV should be avoided in all but the slowest acceleration or when the HVB is significantly above average in charge level.

I'm a brand new FFH owner of one week. It has really calmed down my driving. I use to drive in the fast lane here in So Cal and would go 80 mph. Now I drive in the slow lanes and if possible (rare), I can go 62 on EV. But 62 mph is real slow here!.