acdii

Accelerating in the 2013

Thanks for the respone Jeff.

I sure hope 31 MPG at 70 was a fluke.

I'm still waiting for someone to tell me it isn't so.

No fluke. I saw pretty much the same thing on my drive to Florida. Anything past EV mode, and it pretty much stays in the low 30's. I dont know where I put my book, but I noted what the trip minder read out during speed tests over 100 mile stretches. The best it did was 40 MPG in 60* temps doing 60 MPH on ecocruise. Went downhill from there.

acdii and others with a ScanGauge or similar, do you notice that the ScanGauge shows a different speed than the speedometer? If I set the cruise for 64 (digital) the speedo (analog) shows what looks like 64, but the ScanGuage shows 62 MPH. And the car goes in and out of full EV mode like the speed is 62 MPH or lower. I wonder which is closer to being correct? And why the difference?

Yes it does. In fact to calibrate the SG I got an app for my iphone that uses the built in GPS called Speed Box. I got on the highway where its flat, set the cruise at 60 then compared the iphone readout and adjusted the SG to match it.

When I talked to the engineer about this, he said that is normal, there is up to a 10% variance allowed between true speed and what the dash reads out. Mine was off 2% negative. In a sense though, I put more miles on than the Odo shows, so I got an extra 400 miles out of the car.

Wait, what? I got a LOT of curtesy waves when I drove a prius down there. You are referring to the single finger salute, right?

I was polite and waved back with the Il response, 3 finger salute, read between the lines.

Nah, just bat your eyes and blow kisses(Except in SF)

Bet its better than the Tacoma though :)

Always look on the bright side of life!

BTW Don't Panic, See you at the Restaurant at the End of the Universe!