Sign in to follow this  
coach81

Rail tracking info

I copied this info from a post a couple weeks ago and emailed it to myself, to keep from driving myself crazy looking for it, if a railcar was referenced in my shipment. Hope it works for you -

Here's how to track your ETTX railcar.

1. Call CSX at 1-800-235-2352
2. When prompted for location or weight, press "1" on your phone for location.
3. When prompted for the car initials, say ETTX then wait for the next prompt. OR key in 32-81-81-92 (for ETTX)(letter and position on your phone)
4. When prompted for the car number, say or key in your 6-digit ETTX car number
5. When prompted for next car say DONE.

I worked like a charm! Update 8:52 AM 1-3-13 Arrived at Shelbyville Kentucky from Kansas City... wish it wouldn't have gone East... wish I would just come straight down here to the South!!!

I just called the number on your VIN and it said it just got detoured, next stop is some place called "Flat Rock - TBD"... OK maybe not.

Edited by jeff_h

Looking at a vehicle visibility report that another user uploaded back in November, it would show 2 and sometimes 3 different locations on a given day when the rail car was on the move (all depends on RFID checkpoints maybe?). So if you really want to play NORAD-tracks-Santa, you can call a few times and day and get the latest.