104 members have voted

1. 1. Did you buy the extended warranty for your hybrid?

I got a 4 year 125K plan for the same price as Flood Ford offered. My dealer knows me well enough to know not to try to over sell me. Instead I asked for it. With the amount of miles I put on, I can easily go beyond 125K in 4 years. Have 7600 on the HyTi now since getting it June 4th.

You're piling the miles on faster than I am and I'm driving over 300mi per week.

74 miles a day for us, plus weekend trips. Adds up fast. During the summer its closer to 100 miles a day with dropping the kids off at the sitter and picking them up. We still put 100 miles on ever Monday since the kids are at the grandparents after school that day. Since March when I got the Flex, between that one and the HyTi we have 13,500 miles combined, and that doesnt include what ever miles we put on the 2010 between March and June 4th, just rolled past 4500 on the Flex yesterday.

Another benefit to the Ford ESP and buying it early is the rental coverage for same day drop-off.

I count on this and need it and it is included in the plan if you pay for that feature.

I know that if you are on good terms with the dealer they will often give you a rental,

but this is not guaranteed. Even for minor issues, if it's warranty related, you get a car.

And I have not gotten a definite confirmation of this, but the car rental is not part of the

standard factory warranty. They tell me you get this with the ESP. So I buy the ESP

on day 2 of owning the car (Koch is very good, have used them 2 times now).

I am using this feature today as I am dropping off my car to leave all day for the BSM issue.

Dealership has their own rental, so I drive off in a rental without any inconvenience.

What you need to decide on in order to go with an ESP or not, are you going to keep the car for the term of the ESP or not. In my case I roll through cars until I find the perfect one. When I find that perfect one, then I get an ESP on it. On my HyTi I decided from the start to ESP it for 125K miles, I planned to keep it a long time, well past 125K miles. Hoping I dont need it, but glad I have it in case I do.

It's an insurance policy, nothing more, sometimes they pay off, most times they don't. Your car insurance is the same thing, there when you need it, hope you never ever do. Same with GAP insurance, hope you never ever need it, but oh so glad to have it when you do.