Ron P

Sirius subscription problems

Has anyone had any success using the Sirius.com/FordRenew website to renew their subscription? I tried entering my radio's ESN and it comes up invalid. I called Sirius, and after waiting on hold forever, talked to a few people who don't speak much English. From what I was able to understand, it seems like the only way to renew my subscription to make my car radio my second radio for the "additional radio" discount is to let my car subscription completely expire and then call back to combine it with my home subscription. Some company.

Best bet is to do nothing. I jumped the gun, took the best deal I could get, which was about $137 for one year. Then a week later someone called me with a much better deal, like about $87 for a year. I think you automatically get thrown into a third party system of people working on hard-to-renew-cases out of their home (I heard a baby in the background). A pleasant lady who spoke perfect English offered this much better deal, but it was too late to change.

Think about it, it costs them no more to give you Sirus at half cost or full cost. Yes they need high fees to stay in business, but once in business, users who insist on half price cost them no more.

There are only a few stations I really like, mainly the Patriot talk radio station, and Fox News. Which are especially nice to have while traveling in remote sections of the country.

I let it expire, then a month later I got a letter for $20 for 5 months. So I took it. I only listen to BPM, but I figure $4 a month is worth that one channel.

I let it expire, then a month later I got a letter for $20 for 5 months. So I took it. I only listen to BPM, but I figure $4 a month is worth that one channel.

Did the $20 for 5 months include the Travel Link, or was it just for the music, talk, news, etc.? Thanks.

Northern Burbs of Detroit. I-696 & I-75. Definitely a covered area, but they just missed the whole thing, and it was several hours in duration.

Travel Link sounds cool. Unfortunately not available in Canada. Here in Saskatchewan we don't have "freeways" or "interstates", so not much for traffic jams :D

I did not renew my Sirrus traffic & weather. Instead I apply that towards my iPhone data plan. The Google traffic is FAR FAR superior to the Sirrus traffic (at least here in MN). There are a dozen sources for high quality weather. I still use the NAV on my FFH but it was actually worse when I had the traffic enabled. It routed me to hell and back on several occasions for no reason that I could see, did not understand the concept that construction does not close entire highways, and the traffic accounts were usually completely opposite of what the real traffic was doing.

Jon

I was told about the "letting it expire" strategy, but I had a receiver installed in my other car just as the Fusion promo period was about to expire, so I thought I'd be better off negotiating with two. I wasn't better off btw, so I'll let the accounts expire next time.

The traffic and weather is disappointing too. A few months ago I sat on a freeway for an hour and a half. All four lanes of traffic in each direction were stopped, yet Sirius traffic never knew about it. An overpass area had frozen, so cars were stopped, but there hadn't actually been an accident. I wondered if Sirius depends on official response reports...? I could have easily taken another route if the traffic service had warned me. I was mad (and bored) enough to call and demand a refund of the Travelink fee, but I was pretty sure if I called them they'd screw something else up.

I just got a letter for $19.99 for 6 months renewal, but nothing on what it would be after 6 months. I think during the entire 6 months I had it, it was used thrice.

I agree with the whole "did not understand the concept that construction does not close entire highways", I've just stop doing the "Avoid" unless traffic is already stopped. But on the whole, Preperation H feels good, j/k, I think Travel Link does a great job here in DC metro area.

I sent an email to Sirius requesting a better rate, no good, then I got a call from Sirius offering me a "great dea for Ford customersl" ya right told them unless they were willing to give me the 1/2 off plan I was not interested, they would not. I then called Sirius told them to cancel my account when it expired at the end of April. They lady tried every possible "sign up for a multiyear discount tactic in the book" I said I was not interested. Sent a nasty email to a bunch of Sirius Execs, about how I'm annoyed the XM/Sirius systems are not merged 2 years later, and they keep raising prices on random items (streaming audio, family plan, royalty fees,

I got a call from their executive office offering me their 7.95 a month plan for 1 year. (don't think it includes tavel link, waiting to see the bill they send)

Sirius allowed my complimentary starter subscription expire with little recruitment effort! Two mailings several weeks later and no phone calls.

Just as well, as all I wanted was the Travel Link minus the audio - that's a deal they aren't prepared to make! Four months later life is just fine!

It looks like most of you who used the expiry tactic are from US. Has anyone from Canada used that tactic successfully? My 6 month trial is up end of the month. All I have gotten so far in the mail is $15/month.

My 6-month initial Sirius subscription ended back in December and they are still sending me mail trying to get me to resubscribe. No wonder they're going broke.

My 6-month initial Sirius subscription ended back in December and they are still sending me mail trying to get me to resubscribe. No wonder they're going broke.

Google Sirius subscription problems and you will find a ton of folks that aren't happy. Seems once they get your credit card info it's almost impossible to cancel. And when you think they are canceled or you tell them and just let the card expire, they send you to collections. So yeah, no wonder they are going broke. Plus their rates are pretty given that most folks just listen to a couple of channels. Main reason I never renewed once the free period ended.

Dan

My Travelink mysteriously started working a few days ago (not paying for that service), anyone else notice this?