Sign in to follow this  
2010 Sport Blue SEL

Replacement Headlights

Any suggestions for replacement headlights. I'd like to have more forward projection and brighter light. I do not want to re-wire or modify the existing wiring of the headlights, just find a better bulb.

Silverstars.

Yes, Silverstars or PIAAs. I have the PIAAs on my '10 Sport and am very pleased with them. The other alternative is going HID.

Yes, Silverstars or PIAAs. I have the PIAAs on my '10 Sport and am very pleased with them. The other alternative is going HID.

Do you know the part number for the Silverstars for the 2010 Fusion? I was at Mega Lo Mart, I mean Wal Mart, picking up Mobil 1 (the best price around, and they carry FL-910 Motorcraft filters) and their guide only covered to 2009.

Hi 2010 Sport. :D Sorry, I do not have the 2010 Fusion Owners Manual handy at the moment. But if you look in your Owners Manual, there is a chart with bulb specifications. Look for the low beam bulb in the chart and there will be a bulb spec listed (e.g. 9005, 9006, H7, H11 etc.). Then purchase the same spec Silverstar bulb.

It might be quicker to do that than wait for a reply here, and you will have better odds that it is the correct spec. :yup:

Good luck. :beerchug:

Thanks, I'm pretty good about knowing my Owner's Manual but didn't think of looking there. I figured there would be cross referencing and Silverstar replaces... It looks like it's a H11. Reading the replacement procedure there seems to be a lot of monkeying around to change the low beam bulbs, maybe next weekend.

Thanks, I'm pretty good about knowing my Owner's Manual but didn't think of looking there. I figured there would be cross referencing and Silverstar replaces... It looks like it's a H11. Reading the replacement procedure there seems to be a lot of monkeying around to change the low beam bulbs, maybe next weekend.

Yes, H11 for low beam, H7 for hi beam. The Silverstars will have the same designations.

I just finished installing new Silverstar low beam headlamps. What a PITA! On the driver's side you have to completely remove the air filter housing. After removing the intake on the lower housing by separating the two clamps, pull the whole unit straight up to remove, it's attached by some plastic "fingers" that slip into holes with grommets. From there the driver's side is pretty easy. Just like anything, it seems it's harder to reinstall something than take it apart. There are two rubber covers on the back of the bulb sockets, the low beams are the larger covers about 3" in diameter. The passenger side was a real pain. You have to remove the tire, 11 plastic plugs and anchors and 6 small screws under the front facia to remove the wheel well splash guard. If you don't remove the guard all the way, you can't get both hands in there to remove the bulb. Be aware of the portion of the splash guard that slips under the metal fold at the top of the wheel well. Tools I used were: 1/4" drive and 9/32 socket (or metric equivalent) for the 6 screws, a small 4" pry bar to remove the plastic plugs, screwdriver, pliers and flashlight. Good luck and God Speed Little Doodle. (A Ned Flanders reference in case your wondering). Tonight will be the test if it was all worth it.

Edited by 2010 Sport Blue SEL

Thanks for the info. I'll be waiting to hear if you think it's a major improvement and worth the effort. I drive mostly on brightly lit highways, so I even left my lights in 'park' and drove to work one morning with just the DRL on, and didn't even notice, but on the occaissions I'm somewhere dark, they could sure help.

I had the silverstars in my Focus - headlights and foglights. They made a big difference. I never had any of the overheating issues I read other had. I did find the lifespan somewhat disappointing at 9 months. I had great luck with PIAA in my Civic, so I tried them in my Focus. Fell in love all over again. I then replaced my fog light bulbs with Plasma Yellow PIAAs. It looked good with the red car. My Fusion is white - so I plan on all white lights this time. PIAAs again though, after reading how much fun it is to get at the bulbs, I dont want to get the cheaper ones and have to replace them more often.

Thanks for the info. I'll be waiting to hear if you think it's a major improvement and worth the effort. I drive mostly on brightly lit highways, so I even left my lights in 'park' and drove to work one morning with just the DRL on, and didn't even notice, but on the occaissions I'm somewhere dark, they could sure help.

I went for a short trip and the Silverstars are a great improvement over the OEM headlamps. They project at least three times farther and are twice as bright. When I hit the brights, it lit up the street like a prison yard. I only went around a couple of blocks by my house and didn't encounter any on coming traffic, I don't know if I'll get brights flashed at me. For all the work it took to install, I hope they last longer than 9 months, from what I've read, hopefully 12 months. Will I use them again when they burn out, at $20.00 a piece and a shortened life span, I'll decide when the time comes. For now, well worth it.