timothyf

Cabin Air Filter

The filter gets dirty, just like that for the engine so it takes longer to move air through the cabin when it gets dirty. You will know for sure you need to change it when the Evaporator for the AC ices up from lack of air flow! In My Hyundai Veracruz, i know it is time to change it now because the auto damper which blocks out exhaust fumes has stopped working. I just cant find one!!!! I cant find one for the Fusion either, whatsupwidat?

No need to shout. bbf2530 does not own a FFH but I heard he slept at a Holiday Inn Express once so that might explain it.

On all other vehicles there is a separate Maintenance guide with the owner's manual and warranty booklet. It appears that in the case of the FFH they have included it in the owner's manual. This is different than all other Ford vehicles. If you go here you can see that it lists the normal maintenance guide that applies to the non hybrids. This is where it lists the cabin air filter to be changed every 15K miles:

https://www.fleet.ford.com/maintenance/owners_manuals/default.asp

But your FFH manual DOES list the cabin air filter - it's on page 315 under Special Operating Conditions and just says to change it as required.

I didn't mean to shout. That was the easy version of using bold. :redcard:

And your last sentence is what I originally said a couple of day ago.

Hi Dan. :D You are welcome.

Let us know how you make out.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Well I took a look at it yesterday. The pdf looks real easy, but the first statement of removing glove box door looks not at all simple. There is a retraction cable and it's housing bolted in front of the access door that the picture doesn't show. Plus opening up the glove box looks to require you to bend the rubber bumpers on each side to get past the stops. I guess a heavy hand could break them. I do have some time before the recommend replacement time since I have 8600 miles on it.

Dan

Speaking of the glove box...has anyone figured out what the opening that goes to nowhere on the lower right side of the glovebox opening is for on the 2010 Fusion? Even the salesperson didn't know and couldn't figure it out. I'm just curious.

Also, if you park anywhere dry leaves or pine needles, etc. fall on the cowl, check your cabin air filter every 60 days or so. I had a filter plug up with dried leaf fragments because of where the car was parked in that time. FYI.

Edited by deo1929

Speaking of the glove box...has anyone figured out what the opening that goes to nowhere on the lower right side of the glovebox opening is for on the 2010 Fusion? Even the salesperson didn't know and couldn't figure it out. I'm just curious.

Definitely for storing CDs. If you use the envelopes rather than jewel cases, you can store quite a few there. Works great.

I have seen them so dirty that debris fell off of it and fell into the heater box. Had to remove the heater fan motor to clean it. 

Other times they are clean.

If you are going to check it, might as well just to replace it anyway and be done with it for a few years.