DaveM

Most Worthless Thing on your Fusion

Like an operating system where you have to click on START to turn it off? :hysterical:

But it does have a big starter motor. Just not the small one on most cars.

I do - that's why it's a "useless" item on my FFH - a car that one turns "on" instead of "starts".

Whatever. It's a stupid thread.

Whatever. It's a stupid thread.

Then why are you reading it?

I don't see the problem people have with the FFH key. I don't own one, but I test drove one...I don't remember it being complicated at all. Am I missing something here?

Nothing complicated at all... just a bunch of push-button envy, that's all.

Edited by lrymal

In relation to the what some of you are calling grocey bag holders...those two like hook things..isnt that for the cargo net? I wrote about this before on another bulletin last year but never got a good answer so I figured I would try again. I want the cago net but that time I got it it said you needed to cut two slits to the trunk cover and all that stuff. But having those two hooks already there would to me make more sense for the cargo net to go there so you dont have to do any cutting and such. For those who do have a cargo net how do you have them installed?

In relation to the what some of you are calling grocey bag holders...those two like hook things..isnt that for the cargo net? I wrote about this before on another bulletin last year but never got a good answer so I figured I would try again. I want the cago net but that time I got it it said you needed to cut two slits to the trunk cover and all that stuff. But having those two hooks already there would to me make more sense for the cargo net to go there so you dont have to do any cutting and such. For those who do have a cargo net how do you have them installed?

When was your car built? I have an early build, 4/09, and I had to cut 2 small X's in the trunk liner to install the hooks. Perhaps they finally figured it out on later builds and had the hooks installed at the factory.

Worthless things.....

- The center dash storage bin. Never use it. And the one time I put mints in it, I could hear them moving around inside on turns.

- Trunk hooks. Not enough of them to make it useful for grocery bags.

- No Outside Temp gauge on SE (included with SEL) It's not officially a worthless thing, but it's worthless not to have, especially when driving in cold weather to detect freezing conditions.

- Compass--I never use it, but my wife likes it.

- The goofy "void" to the right of the glove box opening. Even the salesperson and service adviser have no idea what it's there for.

- Beverage holder in the doors--clumsy to get to while driving and then you can't use it for maps cuz the maps get wet from bottle condensation.

- TWO SET BUTTONS for the cruise control. A toggle for +/- is more intuitive. Then there would be room to have a "menu" button for the dash display (i.e. MPG, Trip odo., etc....) instead of reaching down by the headlight switch and accidentally hitting the "reset" button.

That was changed for job 2 IIRC. The top button is now a toggle

+ Set -

My 2010 Fusion must have missed that change.

Most worthless thing -- actually, worse than worthless, for me -- the satellite channels on the radio.

I don't want to pay for satellite radio. I don't want it for free. Yet I am forced to cycle through the channels every time I want to change the radio...

Most worthless thing -- actually, worse than worthless, for me -- the satellite channels on the radio.

I don't want to pay for satellite radio. I don't want it for free. Yet I am forced to cycle through the channels every time I want to change the radio...

lol.. I pay for Sirius in two cars and XM in my truck.

Would leave home without it.

...Sirius than there will ever be on regular radio...AND there's not 10 minutes of commercials every 45 minutes.

While I like Sirius, the channels I listen to have plenty of commercials. Kind of sucks after paying for it... just like cable TV!

While I like Sirius, the channels I listen to have plenty of commercials. Kind of sucks after paying for it... just like cable TV!

None of the ones I listen to have commercials and very little talk. Almost all music, go 60's and 70's.

We pretty much keep it on 70s and 80s (7 and 8).

I'm on NASCAR 128 most of the time. Lots of commercials there (no surprise, huh?)

I just plug in my iPod -- it has music I know I want to hear, and there are no commercials whatsoever.

If I want to hear new music, I can stream Pandora through my iPhone.

NASCAR radio??? Do they just talk about NASCAR 24/7?

Yep. But I only listen about 2 hours (at most) per day. Best show is Dave Moody's, from 3-7PM.