Tazzboo

Nav Screen Protector

Help! NO it's not that bad. I have small scratches on my NAV screen. I was wondering if anybody has found a place that has a screen protector for the nav screens. This way we can prevent others from having the same thing happen to theirs.

I am thinking that with how light the scratches are if I put the screen protector over top it might not be as noticable.

Oh HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all.

Edited by Tazzboo

Help! NO it's not that bad. My 7 year old son was helping vacuum out the car the other day and well. He vacuumed the Nav screen. Its not that bad. Just I know its there. He put several horizontal scratches on it. I tried the pencil eraser trick and well it helped but they are still there. I was wondering if anybody found a place that has a screen protectors for the nav screens. This way we can prevent others from having the same thing happen to theirs.

I am thinking that with how light the scratches are if I put the screen protector over top it might not be as noticable.

Oh HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all.

ouch! i was wondering the same thing when i turned off the car and noticed a million finger prints on the screen from me playing with the nav!

We have a STS we had for over 3 years with the touch screen nav and it is no worse for the wear after all those touches but then again I don't have a kid I turned loose without proper supervision to scratch my screen.

Whatever you do, don't carry your nav screen around in your pocket with your keys. Learned that one the hard way...

I noticed all the fingerprints on the Nav screen just after 2 weeks. I saw some PEV screen protectors for 8.9" netbooks for around $5 online, so will measure the screen to find one with a close fit, then cut it to size and see if it will work.

The NAV screen cleans up very well by using a good Microfiber towel and

1 squirt of eyeglass or LCD cleaner on the towel, not screen - no more.

All the fingerprints are gone and I do this once a week. Like new...

I understand cell phones get scratched up because you throw them around, but

how the heck is that NAV screen getting scratched at all? Lots of fingerprints

for sure.