smr2112

New SYNC Update v3.1

Anybody installed this new SYNC update which

doesn't say much about what it fixes.

AR3T-14D544-AE Version SYNC V3.1

Available via syncmyride.com

This new software release, based on customer feedback, will improve Ford's 911 Assist and Vehicle Health Report features. Now you can disable the '911 Assist is set to Off' speech reminder. If you choose to turn it off, a line of text reminding you that 911 Assist is disabled will continue to be shown on the radio display. In addition to the 911 Assist enhancement, the Auto Vehicle Health Report feature will now have a default setting of 'OFF'. Simply switch to 'ON' if you wish this report to be automatically generated.

In addition, there will also be improvements to the Traffic, Directions, and Information feature. Your SYNC system will now keep you advised of its status when communicating with other services that provide information for our services. When SYNC needs to send or receive data about traffic, direction or information, the radio will display a message indicating 'Sending' or 'Receiving' so the user is aware that SYNC is working. Some, not all, radios may display the message 'Prs&Hld PHONE to end' when communicating a service.

Also contained in this release are improvements to USB and Bluetooth features and phone and media device support.

Hmmm... I might install if I get around to it. Nothing earth-shattering. I wonder what the 'keep you advised of its status when communicating' thing is. Weather already gives you a message when its downloading data, but sports updates don't.

Updated a little while ago

Please let us know if you experience any problems.

So I tried to update my sync version. The website says it takes 8 minutes. 25 minutes later I'm still waiting, I go try the Tech help on the sync page and the guy tells me to keep waiting that its not done yet (if it takes 30 mins why don't you say that). Well it finally finished and the info page says I have the newer version, though when I try to do the Report Successful Sync, its telling me it can't do it correctly. So not sure what the deal is just yet.

*edit* - Reformated the thumb drive and redownloaded the 3.1 update. This time after plugging it it and starting the install it took about 60 seconds and told me it had completed. I was them able to upload the report to the sync website. I'm not sure what happened the first time.