DaveM

Remote Start

Sailorman - This is the first I've heard of any battery problems on the bi-directional key fobs. I've only used mine a couple of times since the remote start unit was only recently installed and naturally they operated correctly each time.

Fuze-ion - The website I used to obtain the programming instructions was http://www.fordaccessoriesstore.com/GfaWeb/techSpecs.do However, when I clicked on it tonight I was unable to get it to cooperate. Either the system is currently down or else they changed the ability to access the website. I initially found it listed somewhere on this forum. I will go back and try to locate it for you just to make sure I copied it correctly.

OK, Fuze-ion...I just clicked on the above link again and this time it went through! When you do it, it will (hopefully) bring up a tech page asking you for the following information. Click on "Select Type" which will allow you to choose "Installation Instructions". A new window will open asking you to "Select Description" ... choose "Electronics". Then under "Choose Category" click on "Remote Start System - Car" (not the "security system" choice). "Available Documents" will offer you 6 to choose from. Click on the one with your car's year. When the installation/programming instructions pages appear look for the pages pertaining specifically to the Fusion Hybrid model.

I wonder if the dealer here has done something wrong with hooking the Remotes up such that there is a drain on the fob. They tell me that they will not install the bi-directional one. If anyone else has talked to their dealer about installing the bi-directional remote and heard the same or otherwise, pls post. thx,

Sailorman - first of all, you're welcome! I'm glad I was able to locate and provide you with the link. Secondly, I remain mystified as to why your dealer would be reluctant to install the bi-directional remote start unit when other dealers continue to sell and install them. If there was a problem with them Ford would not continue to make them available, both through its dealerships and also on-line, to the general public.

Furthermore, I would think more members would have also already reported the reduced battery life here on the Forum. Personally, I am not worried about it because, if there is a problem, the units are covered under the Ford warranty and that is precisely why I chose to go with them as opposed to selecting a non-OEM aftermarket kit.

Hi there and thanks for the input. I'll take that back to the dealer and have a discussion with the Service Manager.

I just took delivery of the car and was discussing with the sales person adding a bi-directional remote; They described the problems they were having with these units and advised me that they would not install one. If no-one here is reporting similar problems it's a mystery to me what could be the problem. WHen the car goes in for it's first service I'll discuss with the Service Manager.