Zacher

Fusion Sport Spoiler Install on Hybrid - Gorgeous!

Mine had THREE HUGE dealer badges on it, below all three Hybrid emblems. They said to bring it back and they will take them off and detail the car again. I had a friend bring up fishing line while we waited on paper work and I took them off right infront of them and all their customers.

Well I did it. I drilled four holes into a brand new car. :headspin: To all of you out there looking to add a little touch to your FFH with a spoiler its easy to do with simple hand tools. First go to EBAY and order your spoiler with the paint code that you need. The guy I got mine from was only $110 including shipping. The quality is outstanding. I took it to the Ford Dealership to compare before I drilled four holes in my new car and I couldn't tell any differences. This is the guy I used on EBAY. auto-spoilers-and-trim I orderd it on a Saturday and recieved it on Friday.

Now for the install, if you get the factory style spoiler all you need to do is drill four holes. Look under your trunk lid you will see four circle cut outs on the edge of the lid. Two on both sides. Simply take a punch and a hammer and punch a small dent in the center so your drill bit will stay in the center. Using a small bit drill the holes. Then enlarge them to 1/4 inch or slightly larger. I had to go a little larger for alignment reasons. Now apply anti-rust compound on the freshly drilled holes. Then you apply the two sticky foam pads to the spoiler.

Then all you have to do is use the four screws with washers and tighten everything up.

This is the finished results.

That looks really good. I am not a fan of spoilers but that looks pretty sleek. Good job.

Does adding the spoiler help keep your back-up camera clear? Mine gets caked with snow and blurred with rain all the time.

Does adding the spoiler help keep your back-up camera clear? Mine gets caked with snow and blurred with rain all the time.

Nope can't say that it helps that out. Sorry. Its a looks only thing.

Haven't noticed any difference in gas milage since adding the spoiler. Also no problems with the trunk shocks holding the lid open.

Nice job Tazz,

Now you gotta debadge that dealer logo "stick on" on the back there. I hate those.

Easy enough to get off though.

Luckily i took delivery of mine the moment it came off the truck, so there is no sticker...lol. I was so happy when i saw that :) The spoiler looks sharp! I have a feeling my wife wont let me get one put on...lol!

I got mine through a different dealer than where I bought it from, so the stickers were removed by my dealer. They just use the plate frames for their name, since they look OK I left them on. I don't mind it being on the plate frame, but I cant stand having them on the car itself were they don't belong.

Guys, both of your cars look great, with the Spoilers. I really like the look. I guess Ford things that being "Green" doesn't go with Sportiness. I have been noticing the cars with spoilers. I actually like the 09's where there is no Space between the Spoiler and the Turnk Lid. Some Folks on here refer to them as a Lip Spoiler.

Tazzboo: I live in Central Va too, I quess your car came from the RT 10 DealerShip. Mine came from Bill Talley, I live near Byrd Airport.

Actually the Dealership was Haley Ford on Jeffereson Davis HWY. Same place Oldschool1962 got his from too. Actually met him in person at the dealership one day while getting the Brake update done.

Nice to know there are others in the area with Hybrids. Did you get the 502a with yours also? If you want to buy the spoiler off of ebay, I would be happy to help you install it. Simple to do. All of thirty minutes.

Tazzboo