Zacher

Fusion Sport Spoiler Install on Hybrid - Gorgeous!

Well, the final touches of the spoiler are being done today, Dealer had to get rid of a paint run in the spoiler. I tell you, it is worth putting the spoiler on. I'll post pics tonight, I think they should've left it on as an option. You can't order it from Factory w/ a spoiler (According to Brochure) but you sure can add as an aftermarket :D

*Edit, good point made, in my personal preference I find it makes the car look better. However it does zero to performance of the vehicle.

I considered it, but the dealer wants something like $500 or so to put it on which is way too much. The clean look of the smooth decklid has really grown on me and I don't think I will get a spoiler. If I get the itch I will just order one off ebay for $150 and put it on myself.

I don't think you can say it's "worth" it objectively. It's purely personal preference because it adds nothing to performance.

I considered it, but the dealer wants something like $500 or so to put it on which is way too much. The clean look of the smooth decklid has really grown on me and I don't think I will get a spoiler. If I get the itch I will just order one off ebay for $150 and put it on myself.

I don't think you can say it's "worth" it objectively. It's purely personal preference because it adds nothing to performance.

Sometimes by adding a spoiler you may also need to change out the trunk rods/structs as they will no long hold open the trunk.

The hybrids all come with the small spoiler, as far as I know. I'm assuming that it would increase the fuel economy as they probably would want to maximize the fuel efficiency over looking sporty.

post-4805-1253232998_thumb.jpg

The MMHs may come with a spoiler but the FFHs don't :( Corse the purpose of a spoiler is to increase down force so the tires grip better, NASCAR, F1 etc. don't use um to look cool :shift:

The MMHs may come with a spoiler but the FFHs don't :( Corse the purpose of a spoiler is to increase down force so the tires grip better, NASCAR, F1 etc. don't use um to look cool :shift:

funny thing though, the Fusions are front wheel drive so the spoiler is on the wrong end.

Sorry on the delay, here is a pic. Yeah it wasn't cheapest thing in the world. Paid $899 CDN, Part, Paint and install. Like I mentioned it's the spoiler from the Fusion Sport.

post-4696-1253249155_thumb.jpg

You're right, I only did it for the personal preference and looks. It does 0 towards performance of the car. I really liked the way it looked, and that's about it.

You're right, I only did it for the personal preference and looks. It does 0 towards performance of the car. I really liked the way it looked, and that's about it.

Just curious, does the weight of it make the truck lid go down or does it still stay up? I worked at GM many years ago and when the car had a spoiler on it they put in a different trunk rod that held the trunk open better as the stock one would let the trunk lid drop.

I installed a spoiler bought off ebay painted tri-coat white (matched perfectly) just gave them the paint code UG and recieved it a few days later. I used the supplied template however found out after drilling the holes (nothing like drilling holes in a new car) that there are two holes in the under side of the trunk lid that matched the new spoiler so no template was needed. The spoiler looks like a 2010 factory spoiler and the wieght is equal to a can of soda maybe two, so as far as needing to change the struts to hold the trunk lid up I haven't had any problems nor do I think that amount of wieght would affect my fuel milage although the wind drag might, it has been on for approximattly two months and I have seen no noticeable change. I lke the looks although I thought it looked nice without the spoiler I just wanted something a little different then most of the others. The only down side I have found so far is that there is more car to clean.

Bob

Just curious, does the weight of it make the truck lid go down or does it still stay up? I worked at GM many years ago and when the car had a spoiler on it they put in a different trunk rod that held the trunk open better as the stock one would let the trunk lid drop.

Hey DaveM, It's very light, it does not affect the trunk lid from staying open.

I installed a spoiler bought off ebay painted tri-coat white (matched perfectly) just gave them the paint code UG and recieved it a few days later. I used the supplied template however found out after drilling the holes (nothing like drilling holes in a new car) that there are two holes in the under side of the trunk lid that matched the new spoiler so no template was needed. The spoiler looks like a 2010 factory spoiler and the wieght is equal to a can of soda maybe two, so as far as needing to change the struts to hold the trunk lid up I haven't had any problems nor do I think that amount of wieght would affect my fuel milage although the wind drag might, it has been on for approximattly two months and I have seen no noticeable change. I lke the looks although I thought it looked nice without the spoiler I just wanted something a little different then most of the others. The only down side I have found so far is that there is more car to clean.

Bob

Link to said Ebay seller?

Sorry on the delay, here is a pic. Yeah it wasn't cheapest thing in the world. Paid $899 CDN, Part, Paint and install. Like I mentioned it's the spoiler from the Fusion Sport.

Looks awesome! :drool:

Well I did it. I drilled four holes into a brand new car. :headspin: To all of you out there looking to add a little touch to your FFH with a spoiler its easy to do with simple hand tools. First go to EBAY and order your spoiler with the paint code that you need. The guy I got mine from was only $110 including shipping. The quality is outstanding. I took it to the Ford Dealership to compare before I drilled four holes in my new car and I couldn't tell any differences. This is the guy I used on EBAY. auto-spoilers-and-trim I orderd it on a Saturday and recieved it on Friday.

Now for the install, if you get the factory style spoiler all you need to do is drill four holes. Look under your trunk lid you will see four circle cut outs on the edge of the lid. Two on both sides. Simply take a punch and a hammer and punch a small dent in the center so your drill bit will stay in the center. Using a small bit drill the holes. Then enlarge them to 1/4 inch or slightly larger. I had to go a little larger for alignment reasons. Now apply anti-rust compound on the freshly drilled holes. Then you apply the two sticky foam pads to the spoiler.

Then all you have to do is use the four screws with washers and tighten everything up.

This is the finished results.

post-5013-1254701785_thumb.jpg

post-5013-1254701817_thumb.jpg

post-5013-1254701846_thumb.jpg

post-5013-1254701874_thumb.jpg

Well I did it. This is the finished results.

Nice job Tazz,

Now you gotta debadge that dealer logo "stick on" on the back there. I hate those.

Easy enough to get off though.

Nice job Tazz,

Now you gotta debadge that dealer logo "stick on" on the back there. I hate those.

Easy enough to get off though.

I agree with you Rodeo. I need a bit of time when the wife is not looking. She was like oh just leave it on there. I even had the car DXed and they found a way to put it on when I wasn't looking. Give me a bit and I will have it removed. Thats the other thing having the car and the wife's hair dryer at the same time and with her not looking oh my. That could be difficult. LOL :hysterical2:

I agree with you Rodeo. I need a bit of time when the wife is not looking. She was like oh just leave it on there. I even had the car DXed and they found a way to put it on when I wasn't looking. Give me a bit and I will have it removed. Thats the other thing having the car and the wife's hair dryer at the same time and with her not looking oh my. That could be difficult. LOL :hysterical2:

I always have the dealer take his name off before I take delivery. Never had a complaint. Dental floss works great if it's not a decal.

I always ask the dealer salesperson to make sure it doesn't get put on there in the first place and when it gets forgotten, I don't take the car until that crap is removed. It doesn't come from Ford like that and I don't want stickers or decals added to MY car. Remember the old days when those things were metal chromed and then plastic chrome and were rivited to your trunk? It was like a free billboard for the dealers to use, a blank canvas to do advertising on. Anyway, I hate that stuff and only tolerate factory names and models on there.

I will be interested in how the mpg is affected. Keep us updated, it looks very nice! :camera: