CHASESTORMS1

BELOW MSRP PRICE FOR FFH

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW MUCH BELOW THE MSRP PRICE DID YOU GET YOUR FFH?BECAUSE I AM GETTING A FFH.I WOULD LIKE TO GET A IDEA HOW LOW YOU ARE GETTING THE FFH PRICE FOR.

CHASESTORMS

I've seen prices here all over the place. Some a little below MSRP, some at MSRP and some above. Depends on the dealer and part of the country. Not all dealers will sell you a FFh below MSRP. If you are looking to buy, try to get an X plan pin. I got a MMH with a z plan pin (Ford Retired family) and saved over $4,000 plus I got the max hybrid credit. Of course, x plan pricing will still get you a decent discount as well. As I understand it you can get an x plan pin if you also own a share of Ford stock which is selling for less than $10 a share (or you can find an employee who has an extra X plan pin that he will give you) So for $10 you might be able to save a $1,000 on a price of a vehicle. Pretty good deal actually. If you look around in the forum, someone had a link to a site with the information. What you save with the xplan pin is just a guess on my part, but someone on this forum can give you a better figure on what you can save.

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW MUCH BELOW THE MSRP PRICE DID YOU GET YOUR FFH?BECAUSE I AM GETTING A FFH.I WOULD LIKE TO GET A IDEA HOW LOW YOU ARE GETTING THE FFH PRICE FOR.

CHASESTORMS

The below is in the signature block for SMR2112. PM him and I'm sure he can fill you in on the stock purchase x plan pin thing.

From SMR2112 * PM me for Shareholders Services form to get X-Plan Pricing

Since I had no trade I got mine for dealer invoice on an order last week.

36,600.00 (CAD) for ice blue + leather seats + Sony + block heater ... 3 days ago

36,600.00 (CAD) for ice blue + leather seats + Sony + block heater ... 3 days ago

I don't see how you people up there do it. Everything is so expensive. We just came back from a 2 week vacation up yonder and all I can say is wow about the country and wow on the prices you have to pay. Also the sales tax can kill. But we will be back again.

This is a little long but this is the bargaining process I went through to get my FFH:

My wife and I are both retired, in our early 70s and live pretty much debt free. We probably fall into the income range of the average retiree using a combination of company retirement, SS and our IRAs to sustain us. We hang pretty close to our budget goals which allows us to have a comfortable life style. Our 10 year old reliable Toyota Camry had 127,000 miles on it and building, while our 22 year old Dodge 3/4 ton pickup, which had 117,000 miles on it, was adequately up to doing the tasks we required of it. Which was mostly lumber, dirt and trash hauling. However, a major breakdown in either vehicle could be costly, likely exceeding the value of the vehicle. At our ages, reliability in transportation is pretty important and we had been contemplating upgrading at least our primary vehicle for some time. We already had a second 2004 GMC pickup that we use for "RVing", that could pinch hit for the old pickup doing local chores, if need be.

So when the "Clunkers" program came along this seemed like the appropriate time to move into a new economy car. However, even searching for a week we were unable to find the Ford Fusion Hybrid we wanted, at least in our local area and the Clunkers Program expired abruptly. When the second wave of opportunity arrived we began immediately exploring other alternative choices, but locally, that might fit our needs. To our surprise our dealer now had the exact car we wanted on his lot. The sticker spouted a final price of $31,940. Since this was what we were looking for I made it clear to the sales manager that I wasn't the type to barter back and forth, that I had already done my research on Consumer's Car Reports and the Internet, and was aware of Dealer Holdbacks and Rebates that were currently being offered, and all I wanted was his bottom line, nothing else.

He produced a Dealer Invoice that looked reasonable, so I made a reasonable suggestion that he discount his final Ford Fusion Hybrid price by $1,215. He agreed, so moving on I explained that additionally I had a "Clunker" trade in that would qualify for the $4,500 plus $100 for scrap metal and he verified that it would. Next I explained that I also wanted to trade in my 1999 Toyota Camry and after some haggling on the price we settled on $3,300. Now I realize I probably could have personally sold it for more .... but in today's market, who knows? It was worth it to move it now at this moment. Additionally we personally came up with an additional chunk of cash from our hard earned savings and then financed the balance with our local credit union at 4.29%, which brought our 3 year contract price to around $415 a month. This included an "Extended Warranty" of 2 years beyond the original warranty, at a cost of $990, which we wanted because of the Navigation and amazing electronic gadgetry that comes with the car.

In the end we have cut our vehicle ownership by one, thus reducing our insurance and registration costs, cut our monthly fuel costs substantially (probably by half), and have some reasonable assurance that we will have reliable transportation for years to come. We also used the license plates from our old pickup which are valid until July of 2011 saving a little here too. Registration was $53. In summary it was a great deal for us at this moment in time. We purchased the car almost 4 weeks ago, use the car daily and filled the gas tank for the first time yesterday. One added benefit is that my wife, who usually is pretty heavy footed, now boasts that "her" mileage is better than "my" mileage as she checks her "performance" at the conclusion of each trip which is exhibited on the display. I'm sure the front brakes will last longer too. Me ... I am a happy camper.

I paid $29745 with MSRP of $31940 - $2200 below MSRP! No extra

charges besides tax + tags. No haggling. Everybody who can

should do this.

Get an X-Plan PIN if you own any stock (buy a 100 shares, it's a no brainer)

and start calling dealers to see who will sell on X-Plan. I've attached the

form from Shareholder services. Got the PIN in 2-3 days via e-mail.

If you are willing to order, any dealer should do this for you.

If you need a car from stock, it may take a bit more work, but I only

found one dealer not willing to sell off the lot at X-Plan...but now since it

is post-Clunkers, should be easier once the cars start showing up on the lot.

This is PIN is good for a year for any Ford product, Volvo, Mazda, etc.

Supposedly this works if you own just 1 share of stock. Open an

account with Scottrade, buy 1 share, send in the form - cost about

$15!

If you want, you can try and get somebody who is a Ford employee to give

you an X-Plan PIN (they are alloted 4 per year I think) at blueovalforums.com

- but you have to ask and hope.

F_N_Vehicle_Offer_Form_and_Application_for_shareholders.pdf

Hey neat! Great Tip and thanks for sharing. I'm sure someone will take advantage of the simple but great cost savings idea.

As others have said, x-plan is the way to go. Here's the forum where you can request a pin number: http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?showforum=45 Be polite, and be patient. You don't need the pin before you order, by the way, only when you take possession and complete the sale. Just make sure your order agreement lists x-plan price.

If no one will give you a pin, you can also buy some Ford stock and get an x-plan pin that way.

I got a pin from the forum. With x-plan price, I paid just 30,060.96 + 75 doc fee for a fully loaded FFH (package 502A with white platinum tri-coat exterior). (Ford has since raised the FFH's price by $355.)

I seriously doubt you'll find a dealer willing to accept x-plan pricing or anything much lower than MSRP for a car off the lot, so you'll probably have to order. There is some confusion whether ordering before 10/1 will allow you to get the $1,700 tax credit, or if you have to actually purchase the car before then. I would check with Ford, because this could effect whether you order or buy now off the lot.

Good luck.

Oh, and one more piece of advice, if you are going to finance the purchase, check out Capitol One's "blank check" auto loan program. I got a 36-month loan for just 3.7% APR, which is less than half of what Ford was offering. As long as your dealer qualifies for the program (most do), this is the way to go.

I paid 28,900 for a 502A with remote start and rubber floor mats. This was the AZ Plan price for Job #1.