Sign in to follow this  
tx_traveler

McCain swaps Cadillac for Ford Fusion Hybrid

This is one of many articles on the web. Another article mentioned he purchase a FFH with NAV and MS Sync

--------------------------------------------

McCain swaps Cadillac for Ford Fusion Hybrid

Posted 16 June 2009 @ 09:23 am ET

Former Presidential candidate Sen. John McCain bought the new 2010 Ford Fusion, a mid-size hybrid sedan.

McCain replaced his Cadillac CTS with the Fusion which sells for $27,270 for the hybrid model, compared with the starting price of $19,270 for the basic gas model.

"Time to get a new car -- decided on the Ford Fusion Hybrid," McCain wrote on the Twitter online messaging service on Monday.

He chose the silver car and was impressed by its fuel-efficiency, his office said according to the Associated Press.

The Ford Fusion hybrid has a fuel efficiency of 41 miles per gallon in the city and 36 mpg in the highway, compared to the Cadillac which has a rating of 17 mpg in the city and 26 mpg in the highway.

Ford's Hybrid consumes 8.8 barrels of oil per year while the Cadillac consumes 17.1 barrels, which translates into 51 percent less annual carbon dioxide emissions, according to fueleconomy.gov.

Source: http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/20090616/m...sion-hybrid.htm

He went with silver not blue ...............

I'm just glad he didn't go with the Atlantis Green so people might mistake me for him....LOL

At least his latest choice in cars is better than his choice in VP candidates :-)

I'm just glad he didn't go with the Atlantis Green so people might mistake me for him....LOL

Next week, you and I may be the only two people in the U.S. who have an Atlantis Green FFH. Truth be told, I haven't seen many 2010 Fusions of any color (hybrid or standard) yet around here. If past is prologue, however, just as soon as I get mine I'll probably suddenly realize that I'm the last person on my block to get one.

...Truth be told, I haven't seen many 2010 Fusions of any color (hybrid or standard) yet around here....

Likewise, I have the only 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid in my county. Indeed, I found it on the internet on a Sunday evening. It arrived the previous Friday. I called early Monday morning and was on the road with it during the afternoon. Most of the sales droids hadn't even had a chance to look at it and gave it a look over as the make-ready guy drove it up front. I have had more neighbors coming by, checking it out.

I think it shows who the true leaders are up in Washington.... those being, of course, the ones who are leading by example and getting efficient cars.

But, to those who think efficient cars = no need to drill.... we should still pursue to increase our own production so that we can decrease our dependency on foreign production. efficient cars + home production is greater than fuel efficiency alone

So Sen. McCain swapped his Michigan built vehicle for a Mexican built vehicle? Now, that's Change! :hysterical:

Do you ever wonder why some congressmen or senators fear stepping out and changing things? Because of the people who will take a good thing, find one thing wrong with it, and chastise them for it. If there were options that made EVERYONE happy than making the right decision would be easy... But hey, I guess we could all just sit around bickering until the end of eternity until someone comes up with the golden solution that makes every person in the world happy...