tx_traveler

Selling 2010 Fusion Hybrids under MSRP?

For the TX guys, I am in Kingsville and ordered mine from our dealer here at 29925 (before tax). That is with the 502A pack and keyless start remote.

They also offered to throw in window tint but I think once it is delivered I will get a well known shop to do it vs what I assume is the cheapest thing in town they will find.

(In Dallas Fort Worth area) I bought mine for waaaay less than MSRP at Westway Ford on April 12th.

what is "waaaay" less?

Walked in a week ago Monday looking for an Edge and walked out with a FFH. I got mine on D plan as my brother-in-law is in sales. They only had one in stock and didn't bat an eye with me buying it on D plan. It is loaded with nav and remote start.

C

$1,300 off MSRP and dealer waived dealer prep of $699 in Fort Lauderdale. I should have asked for a bigger discount

I got mine on June 3 in San Diego for $1,500 under MSRP (which translates to $1,290 over invoice). No add-on dealer prep costs or fees. They threw in the first oil change free and no charge to upgrade Sync for as long as I owned the car. They told me other dealers charge $100 for this service, but I upgraded Sync to 3.0 myself the second day I owned it so I doubt I'll take advantage of that.

None of the dealers in San Diego had the car except this dealer and they only had two, one base white model and my Atlantis Green loaded model. I just checked inventory on Ford.com and there are now 26 available at all five San Diego dealers. I'm guessing better deals might be available now, but who knows?

(In Dallas Fort Worth area) I bought mine for waaaay less than MSRP at Westway Ford on April 12th.

Thanks for the help. They are selling just above invoice - I was able to get someone closer to home to match their prices.

Find a locale with the highest unemployment possible... In a nearby town with 17% unemployment, I got mine for $200 over invoice, and verified THEIR invoice numbers against the Internet info. In the process, I found that the dealers in my area have an add-on charge of $500 that actually appears on the invoice. It is a Ford Advertising Credit. (Does that exist in all areas? I understand that it is something the dealers agreed to.)

I spent much of the morning calling dealers, but only 5 minutes in the showroom. I'd call that "even".

Bob

Bought ours off the lot from Dealer in Norman OK last week. 502A in black, paid $700 under MSRP. But we had to shop around to get that deal. First went to look at it three weeks ago. Called and emailed around to other dealers (Dallas was about as far as I was willing to go). All were asking for MSRP or better. Most wouldn't even counter offer back at MSRP when I asked if they had a better price. One dealer even said 'we're declining your offer to purchase.'

So we went back to the Norman dealer and said I was ready to cut a check now if we could agree on a price under MSRP. In retrospect, I think I could have gotten below 31k if I had really pushed it, but they threw in some dealer extras. Overall, I am very happy with the purchase.