joe77

Thoughts on the Ford Fusion Hybrid?

Fiesta made even $500/unit when discounts plans applied. That's from a salesman I bought 4 of them from. Now I'm sorry that profit doesn't meet the 25-30% that Ford want to deliver but it is a profit. Focus made at least a grand, so Fusion has to be somewhere N of that.

It's not always that the almighty dollar that should drive EVERYTHING. The SUVs, trucks, Mustang make a lot, but why can't smaller lines help too? I know several truck owners that believe Ford has screwed the pooch ... because their daily driver is a passenger car - usually a Ford.

Agree totally.

We have two vehicles. A 2019 FFH Titanium and a 2019 Subaru Forester. Absolutely love both. I have owned and driven cars, vans, pickups, SUVs, and minivans. I prefer a comfortable passenger can nowadays, but realize that sometimes an all weather vehicle is necessary. While this is our second FFH and second Forester, you couldn't give me a Ford SUV. The 2010 FFH was the best vehicle I have ever owned, and the 2005 Ford Escape was the worst. Total money pit. While it was getting repaired the dealer lent us a Subaru Forester, and when the repairs were done it was promptly traded in on a new 2015 Forester. Never even drove the Escape after the repairs.

I too believe Ford is making a big mistake in not making cars anymore. It will be a decision that they will possibly regret. At some point the buying public will stop loving, and buying, station wagons. Ooops I mean SUVs.