In Missouri we pay taxes based on where you live. Also the sales tax is paid separately from the cost of the car. It is always a shock when you go to register the car after buying it and you are told the taxes due are $800.

When I bought my F150, I bought it in Northern Illinois and the dealer at first wanted to charge me sales tax and I had to tell him a couple times that I live out of state and the truck would be titled in Missouri, so I did not end up paying sales tax twice on the truck.

I guess it could vary by location, but I thought tax was universally applied where the vehicle was registered. Otherwise states like Delaware (no sales tax) would be selling vehicles through the roof to neighboring states.

In my case, I get a refund back on the taxes and license fees, so not overly concerned over the difference, but good to know now that is a different rate buying in a different county here.

Wasn't "Mr. Paranoid", AKA Jesse Ventura responsible for lowering the registration, or license tax to a uniform amount?

Yes, he was responsible for the $99.00 cap on license tab fee for cars but it was later rescinded (in 2008, I think). Tab fees can far exceed $99.00 now.

Where I get my gas they have 89, 91, and 93 Octane, no 87 Octane. The price for their regular(89) with a discount if you buy $20 of groceries is less than the surrounding stations 87 Octane. The only time I have not filled from there was when I went to MN.

Lowest seen on my trip, $1.78. I can't wait until the weather clears and I can start driving the FFH again, then I can actually save some cash. Even though the price is much lower, it still costs a small fortune to drive the T 100 miles a day.