Sign in to follow this  
Texasota

Removing the hybrid emblem

If it makes you happy then remove them . Personally I never modify any stock appearance items of my vehicles. As far as vandalism and rolling coal go you will always have a criminal element in any society. You ever watch the movie Idiocracy?

Unfortunately, there are many :censored: out there that will vandalize a nice car no matter what badges are on it.

Exactly, there were several reports of Hummers being burned on the streets a few years ago.

Unfortunately there is no escaping this eventuality.

Where I live it is not bad. But over the course of my years as a car owner I have exerienced a couple vandalism incidents which is enough to make me always wary. I'm the guy that looks for a corner parking spot, or parks far out in the parking lot, or looks for a nice new car to park next to. I never park next to a beater.

I have security cameras watching my vehicles parked on the street and in those vehicles my dash cams are running in park mode capturing street level HD video for up to 8 hours. Just this week my neighbors teenagers vehicles were toilet papered by other teens in the middle of the night. I captured this whole incident on HD video and the neighbors offered the pranking teens a deal, clean up the mess or the PD will be contacted. The mess was promptly cleaned up.

My only concern is if in a crash, and the first responders don't recognize it as a Hybrid, and they extract you from the car without disconnecting the HVB, that later on if the HVB or some connected component somehow was damaged in the crash, that the car would become a Volt and burst into flames after sitting for a while. The NiMh packs in the earlier cars weren't an issue, they would deplete and that would be the end of them, but the Lion packs in these new ones, if they discharge beyond a certain voltage, they could overheat. If not, and they depleted, the pack is done, no recovering them if they go dead. I am not too concerned about shock since the cables run under the car in the middle and would not be in any location that would be cut, unless the car was on its side or roof. Even then they are well hidden and I doubt that they would be cutting through the floor. In a crash, the relays kick out do if the safety relays work, there would be no voltage in them either.