mickey41

Check Brake System - Warning light keeps coming on

Sorry if this is a repeat, but I did not find it in the search feature, I have a 2013 FFH that occassionaly has the "see manual" "check brake system" warning light come on with the little service wrench. The wrench is not flashing. I've taken it to the dealerships three times in the last six months and they never find anything wrong. They say 'no codes...no problems'. This is an intermittant problem that I cannot reproduce. It happens while the car is moving at various speeds. Two of the three times I was able to pull over, stop the car, restart it and the warning light went away. The other time, it took a few on/off cycles to go away.

Also, this last time, it was within a few hundred yards of my work, where the EV+ kicks in, but this time, because of the warning light (I presume), EV+ did not kick in. As a matter of fact, the engine kept running, even after I parked and turned off all the accessories (radio, AC, etc.). The engine did not stop running (even though the battery was at 50%) until I powered down.

Not sure what best course of action is, but I think just ignoring the warning lights is probably not a good one. Any thoughts?

There are several reasons why the ICE might keep running. One is a HVB re-conditioning event that is normal. This might be unrelated to your brake alert. Escalate the level that Ford deals with this.

Thanks for the feedback. The parking brake was not on, and I have video taped the warning lights to show the dealer when I'm there next week. I'm going to tell them to keep it until they fix it. I will also have them check out the master cylinder.

You need to immediately run a Vehicle Health report. It will list the malfunctioning areas. It wont give codes or anything, but will show the event which is something service can work with, it will at least point them in the correct direction.

Thanks for the feedback. The parking brake was not on, and I have video taped the warning lights to show the dealer when I'm there next week. I'm going to tell them to keep it until they fix it. I will also have them check out the master cylinder.

Reach out to me via PM, mickey41; I'd like to look into this further. When writing, be sure to include your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, mileage, and servicing dealership. I'll get to work on some options to help.

Crystal