Ford Super News Ticker

Ford Motor Company Lowers Fuel Economy Ratings For Six Vehicles

What I see with the numbers Ford has posted now is more along the real world numbers the car will get. I always look at the EPA numbers as a pipe dream mainly due to the fact that in the real world, you can't drive like the EPA tests. I also have over 7 years experience driving Hybrids daily, and know what to expect and where to expect it. I knew going into the new Fusion what to expect, and I was right on the money too, and couldn't be more pleased with what I get in mine.

My take on this is Ford is Stepping up, and saying, hey we found a flaw in the way the numbers work and adjusted the ratings based on that, and what they show is pretty much what you can expect out of the FFH. Those who are doing better have the best driving conditions to suit Hybrids, and no matter what Hybrid they drive will always do better than EPA.

Those members here who have been here since the new FFH came out know my plight with the first one, and can also agree I have never complained about my replacement's MPG, in fact when I get above 43 I am very impressed with it. Just yesterday I took a highway trip of 70 MPH and got 50 MPG. I am currently sitting on my first 47 MPG tank ever, and just this week hit the 500 mile per tank club.

What it all boils down to, is even though I am still pissed at Ford Customer Service for the way they treated me on the first one, I will still defend them on the car when others try to bad mouth them.

Always thought my 2014 FFH wasnt gett much better MPG then my 2010 FFH. Now to recompare the #s 41 City and 36 HWY (2010) to 44 City and 41 HWY (2014). So its a 2nd generation hybrid with weaker horsepower and the increase in efficency is only 3 mpg in the city and 5 mpg on the highway.

It's all about weight, HP and Drag Cd. That argued for 4 mpg improvement over Gen 1, not 8. Software re-programing doesn't change that and it might have made it worse for some drivers.

Edited by lolder