FordIVTteam

Official Ford IVT Representative

Thanks for the warm welcome, rjent! I see you have a few different vehicles, I'm going to assume you're having trouble with voice commands on your Fusion MyFord Touch system. Please correct me if I'm wrong. :)

If you notice that you're more frustrated with specific commands, let me know which ones they are and what happens when you give them. I may be able to help!

Hi acdii,

Good question! (I wish I had a different answer for you) As you probably know, AppLink is not currently available on vehicles equipped with MyFord Touch. You can see a list of the vehicles that offer AppLink here: http://support.ford.com/sync-technology/applink-overview-sync

That being said, many apps will still work with your vehicle. You'll just need to pull them up on your phone manually to trigger them. As long as your phone is paired to the MyFord Touch system, press the VOICE COMMAND button and say BLUETOOTH AUDIO to begin streaming from the app. You'll have limited voice commands compared to AppLink, but many apps will still allow you to skip to the next song using the steering wheel arrows. Give it a try if you haven't already!

Kim

I already do, I use Pandora daily, but without Applink(like I had in the F150) I could thumb up or down a song without having to pick the phone up, activate the screen, log in, bring up the app if its in the back ground, and tap the thumb. From a safety standpoint, its very distracting, and was so nice to be able to do it in the F150.

What busts my goat is the cheaper cars are the only ones that have it.

Hi Sleddog,

Fuel stations and stocks are both part of a subscription service called SiriusXM Travel Link. It sounds like this might be what you're talking about. You will need to be subscribed to this in order to have these work properly. You'll find information on this here: http://www.siriusxm.com/travellink

Hi Kim, I have to agree with Sleddog on this, something isnt right with that screen. I tried to pull up the POI for shopping, and it kept going back to the main list. AFAIK shopping isnt a subscription service is it?

Hi acdii,

Thanks for clarifying. Since the issue is not isolated to TravelLink categories, I suggest taking it to your dealership to have it diagnosed properly. Have you already brought this issue to their attention?

Kim

I just discovered it last night, and not in the Fusion, but in my Flex. So it isnt just isolated to the Fusion. Since the Fusion and Flex share the same dash components, what works on one should work on the other.

Since I am on this subject of shared components, pass along something I suggested a while back on the Social site that apparently went unnoticed. Why not have the same driving coach screens on the non Hybrids? I do have the instant MPG readout on the Flex, but it would be nice to have the Trip Summary when the car is shut off, along with an acceleration and cruise coach. Since braking in the non hybrid isn't relative, it only would need the Accelerate and Cruise. Trip summary would be one of the best additions. Any of those functions would help people get better MPG in their cars. I currently get 21 MPG avg summer/fall in my Ecoboosted Flex, and around 19 winter. I contribute this partially to being a Hybrid driver, but also to that instant MPG screen.

I have about 3k miles before my next service, but my Fusion is due in about a week, so I will check if I see the same issue on it and if so, have them look at it when its in for the oil change and tire rotation.