Howie411

Sigh first Window Chip

Only 700 miles on my car and a huge rock hit the front window today and put 2 pin sizes chips in the bottom of the window. Hard to see if your not looking for them but now that I know they are there I keep eyeballing it! Dump trucks should not be allowed on the highway if the stuff they are carrying is not secure.

Well Safelite just left, unfortunately he said they were just surface chips, so he can fill them, but I'd still be able to see them they just wouldnt ever get any bigger. So he went ahead and did that, still sort of depressing. He also said "Wow this window would be very expensive to replace". I'm guessing because of all the senors, rader, camera gadgets etc.

If you have a bullseye chip, you can get repair kits from the parts stores and they work pretty good, but the stuff Safelite uses is even better since they use UV to cure it right away instead of using natural light. The surface dings though, they can cover them with the same stuff, but they are still noticeable since they dont go into and behind the glass like bullseyes do.