Erik Strait

I just took delivery of my late availability 2014 fusion hybrid, Pictures!

My dealer quoted me ~$2,700 at first and said that is down from the ~$3,300 normal price. I said I found it for $1,240 with a $50 deductible. He went and talked with his manager and said they could do it for $1,340. I said sure that would be fine (I got my actual car for a heck of a deal and figured I would give them a little profit and keep everything local). However he then said the best he can do is a $100 deductible. I declined and just bought it from FloodFordESP.com last night when I got home. I was told that $1,240 is even below their price, still not sure how accurate that is considering "Go Ford" is one of the nations biggest Ford (and all other car models for that matter) dealer in the USA.

Thanks Erik

I normally ask for a printout of the price list from the finance office and tell them I'll think about it, and then go directly to Flood since it's so much cheaper. Personally I wouldn't be looking to do any favors for the dealer that was telling me that $2,700 was their 'markdown' price when it's really quite inflated. We've kicked this one around before in a few other threads that shopping around can save a lot, but some still choose the convenience of rolling it into the same purchase order I guess.

How does the heated steering wheel work? Is it turned on from the MyFordTouch system? Do you think it may be possible to replace the existing one with that?

Mine did with slight up charge of $80 and that was ok for me. I was told that the quoted price was lower than is cost so to get the sale he sold it at cost to me.

Same here.

Congrats on the new car.

So, are the Heated/Cooled seats now a 10 way passenger, or did Ford screw that up too.

Alright, going to keep a look out next year for wrecked 2014's to see if I can dig up the passenger seat. I am also going to see about swapping out the seat cushion from the Ti to the SE Luxury for the drivers side. That is the ONLY thing I miss from the Blue Devil. If the seat pans are the same, then I only need the cushion and skin.