Howie411

2014 FFH Titanium 1 Week Review

Been busy, trying these tips over the next couple of days. Downside is since I reset the trip meters things are currently looking inflated. FWIW the trip meter last night and this morning, mostly stretch and go traffic, are about 43. LOTS of regen, and lots of slow speed stretches that keep in EV. It is definitely tiring as you mentioned, I notice I'm gripping the steering wheel with a death grip, and my foot is locked in a tense range of motion allowance ;)

So, still need a more open run to test. These routes are rarely used (1-3 times a month), so we'lll see how it keeps averaging in. I did notice the Avg MPG is different than the reported Trip mileage when you turn off the car, too, something I never looked for before.

With time the death grip will go away and your foot and leg will become accustomed to the new driving style. It doesn't happen over night. Hybrids are a whole new world, and being that the FFH gets twice what its non hybrid 2.0 gets, it is well worth the difference in price.

One day you will have some "Walter"* ride your butt, then floor it to go around you, only to be stuck behind the person who was in front of you, going the same speed you are, and you will think to yourself, so, stupid, was that really worth the gas to pass me that I can go 5 miles on? :D Happened to me this morning, I am doing 60, have this "Walter"* in a Challenger ride my butt, then pass me, and ride the guy in front of me. We were both going the same speed, I just keep several car lengths between me and the guy in front.

Guess what, we both made it to the next light at the same time, and I passed him while he made a turn.

* Jeff Dunham fans will know this one. Dumba$$

Oh forgot to say that I love Walter ;)

JATR4: stock from dealer, will have to check later. I miss the tire pressure reading from my Acura; I guess the FFH just warns if something is too low?

Try setting at 44PSI, its what I have been running(which reminds me that I need to check now that is cold out)

The FFH only tells you if the pressure is low. My Pacifica would also tell me if the pressure was too high, which came in handy twice while driving through a hot desert. But if the FFH did have this feature, then Accdi would be getting a constant warning. I chose a compromise pressure of 39 lb., which I feel improved my MPG slightly without any detectable change in ride quality or tire wear, while still leaving a pressure margin for very hot days.

Thats where the tiny long drill bit comes in handy to kill that light forever! :) The Veracruz didnt tell you tire pressures, but did tell you which wheel was low.

So, the door sticker that shows my tire types etc says "Cold tire pressure" of 34PSI. Given I'm at 37ish already, seems risky to me to push it up further?

There are several threads on this, is mostly personal preference unless you want to really push the limits one way or another (which is probably not a good idea). I went through 3 sets of tires on my 2010 FFH and drive with very few turns and at 40 psi was still showing more wear on the outside edges (both edges, not just one) rather than in the center. So I've continued with going 40 psi on my 2013 FFH, I think the max listed on the tire is 44 (not sure but I think so) but don't see the need to drive around with a ride like the Flintstones for 1-2 MPG... so I stick with 40.

Edited by jeff_h