djminfll

Consumer Reports reliability reports

The owner's manual is kinda complicated, but there are some great youtube videos that show a demonstration of how MyFord Touch and SYNC work. I have been much more successful since watching some of these. I especially love how I can get directions even though I don't have the nav system.

People being challenged by MFT would be equally challenged by youtube. :)

MFT is not that complicated, RTFM while going over every item a few times, and it becomes second nature. The real problem is tech overload, too much to remember. The job1 and part of job2 MFT/MLT running 3.5 and under did have issues, the current version has been pretty stable and much quicker. That being said, CR should update their report to reflect that. Since the updates, neither the HyTi nor the Flex have exhibited any issues.

On a flip side, CR downgraded the Camry, PriusV and RAV4, no longer a recommended model.

The only thing I ever used CR for when car shopping was getting bottom dollar pricing. Now with True Car, no longer need them at all and I cancelled all my subscriptions. Half the stuff they review is usually end of sale and no longer available.

What does a infotainment system have to do with vehicle reliability?

Yea, really, that was my first thought. They tend to find one pinhole issue and try and drive a truck through it.

They are basing it on reliability of 12 months ago I bet. I just don't trust CR much any more.

I love the audio system in my HyTi. The whole reason I got this car was because of it(that and I love driving it). Screw CR, I lost respect for them a while back. Whenever I looked something up to find out its reliability whatever they showed was either high end, or no longer available anywhere. They also changed their subscriptions halfway through, and some of the things I wanted to research cost more to sign up.