wmpwi

That day we all fear . . .

OK, I promised that when the dust settled, I'd run the numbers and figure out exactly what it cost to have my 2013 FFH totaled out and replaced by an identical 2014. I had to admit I was surprised by what I found. The number was not that bad. It felt bad. Really bad, but in the final analysis. not so. It turns out that most of what I though felt bad was actually the emotional stuff which I knew was going to be an issue, just not that much of an issue. I was wrong there too. So monetarily, I'm out $1,050. I thought it was going to be around $5,000 - $7,000 when all was said and done, but after stepping back a bit, what I really had was about $6,000 worth of emotional damage I guess. Was it worth it to go from 2013 w/ 10k miles on it to 2014 w/ 10 miles? Considering the pain in the ass factor and the stress / emotional expense, not so much.

Here's the break out (however your mileage may vary)

Next order of business, what's the different between the 2013 & 2014?

Warning, this will be totally unscientific and more likely a hunch or guess

on my part unless stated otherwise.

So look at it this way, it only cost you .0398 cents a mile in depreciation. (makes me wish that other car magically got totaled now). And only cost $658 more to get the latest and greatest.