dalesky

Why your trip computer isn't accurate

Over time I noticed the difference gets smaller, though it will never be accurate.

Last night, first click off, 10.88, trip read 10.83, .05 difference. I never top off either so thats where it was.

However, as I drove off, I looked at the gas gauge and it was 1/8th below full. Confusing for certain, clicks off full, yet isn't according to the gauge.

I filled at a different station last night too, and now that I think about it, these pumps fill faster than the one I usually fill at and completely forgot about that, so I did not get a full tank.

Well I am wondering if the switch to summer blend happened, this last tank is at 45 and I am starting to see 47 MPG where previously I was lucky to get 42. This morning was my best commute ever at 47.5. Supposed to hit 80 today so I pulled my lower stuffing out of the grill. Keeping the main cover on though since it is only going to be warm today and drop back to lower temps next week. I need to get MyGirl cleaned up she needs it badly, and looks like I just might be able to do it this weekend.