hybridbear

Ford fuel efficiency update guinea pig testers

And that's not prove enough that something isn't quite right?!?

It is an acceptable number according to Ford.

Been there, done that, still bear the scars.

Anyhow, I haven't noticed yet if the update is an improvement. The trip in this morning was a route I haven't taken yet in the morning in this car, so cant compare, other than to say, 47.4. That's only 12 MPG higher than I ever got in that "other" car on this trip when it was 60* out. I need to check the tire pressures, they rotated them yesterday, but I don't know if they had "adjusted" the air pressure. I had them set at 44 PSI, and it felt a little low this morning, and had a feel of drag. I also haven't driven it since Monday, and 3 days in the Flex can really make this car feel SLOW!

If I had time I would shoot over and check his car out, but my weekends are booked solid for quite some time. School starts soon, daughters birthday coming up, and still trying to get crap done around the house. A few years ago I drove to Michigan in a snow storm to get my Collies, so I know its only a few hour drive, just don't have the time though.

Did they retest it now that the weather has warmed up? From that letter, if they get the same results, then you can slam it back in their face.

They did back in June and got 41 MPG ... which they say is normal ...

Them @$$h0l3$ 41 is not normal under our standards. One of the reasons I created post your fuelly badges is to get a quick run down to see what we are getting, and for the most part we are at 43 and above. Man I really wish I could get time to meet up and go over to the dealer with you. Side by Side comparison, then lets see them say its normal. I know it wasnt my driving on that last car, and the dealer also knows, otherwise they would not have given me such a fair deal on trading it in. Once I got a few good results and showed them I felt vindicated.

In any case, I am hoping your LL for the damages they did gets you a good replacement. I know you do a lot of short drives, those do hurt mileage, but you should still have been able to do better doing 55 with the Ecocruise. I do that every day 44 miles each way, up and down hills and get 47.

Data from a couple more days - 60 miles for each morning/afternoon commute.

Yesterday morning, 53.4 with cruise set at 65, afternoon 53.8 with cruise set at 65 -- same route with which I got 60 just the other day and traffic was about the same, but those headwinds sure made quite a difference.

This morning, 53.1 with cruise set at 65, afternoon 53.4 (didn't get to use cruise much at all) with enjoyable wait of an additional hour to to 3 miles while one of the two HOV lanes were blocked... so always a fun time. But was enough for lifetime on the display to inch up to 49.9.

So it appears that the software update results are about the same for highway MPG, but for around-town behavior I think I got a nice boost.

acdii, I am curious as I don't get 43 and above. My tanks thus far is 36. What was your MPG on your first car?... and how come you had to trade in a brand new car instead of them just giving you a new one? (Exchange based on something was obviously wrong.)

35, while my 2010 FFH was 38, on the same roads, using gas from the same station, driven the same way. I went through the same crap Clummus, MXGOLF, and Nmadole are going through. Being told its my driving, its the gas, its the cold, its getting acceptable MPG, blah blah blah.

The big difference between the one I had and theirs, mine fouled all 4 plugs at 4500 miles with no explanation as to why. I had also road tested another FFH and a Cmax and was easily able to get over 40 in each of them in the same weather and winter gas blends.

Everything has its way of working out, and it all worked out in the end for me, replaced that thing with a Flex which has been great, and my 2010 FFH I took a chance on getting the HyTi I ordered to replace it and the gamble paid off. I am paying more for them than what I was paying for the other cars, but I dont mind paying for something I really like.