hybridbear

Ford fuel efficiency update guinea pig testers

Well the results of my drive to Houston after the update were underwhelming temperature was 98-100 ac going full blast, speed up to 75mph 38.1 going and 38.3 returning, a trip of over 200 miles each way.

I was able to maintain EV mode going down hills no problem. I would say My mpg has improved at high speeds maybe 1-2 MPG.

That being said, for a car this size and comfort, 38 MPG at posted hiway speeds up to 75 mpg is still amazing.

I was hoping for over the magic 40 mpg but it is not to be.

Congrats to those of you who are able to get 40 mpg at those speeds!!

As some other posters have mentioned my EV+ mode reset with the update, now the system will have to relearn those frequently visited places.

Considering I got 35.5 going those speeds, 38 is pretty good.

First commute day with update -- mornings were normally cruise set on 62 and resulted in 51-54 MPG most times... this morning set cruise at 67 and seemed to go into EV less (makes sense), result was 52.2. Afternoon is normally 50-55 (traffic is the big wildcard there), and today I was able to take the back-road for the last 10 miles which got that 64.9 a couple weeks ago... today traffic was good and cruise set on 65, result was 60.8. One other difference I noted today was that with the software update it seems like the car will stay in EV at slow speed with slightly more pressure on the gas than before, as there are places on my drive (going about 20-30 MPH) where I try to stay in EV and the ICE used to kick on, but in each place today it stayed in EV so I think that was tweaked just a bit.

So as I expected, on the higher speeds the MPG will be close but nice to go EV at the higher speed if desired.