hybridbear

Ford fuel efficiency update guinea pig testers

The Ford service guy I talked to on the phone didn't question me on the letter I received from Ford yet he still asked me for the make and model of my car. Isn't the update only for the 2013 Fusion Hybrid? He did say it would take about half a day to complete which is exactly what the letter states.

Am I just paranoid?

I believe the update is for the Fusion Hybrid and MKZ Hybrid, maybe that's why they asked make and model?

The letter said it was estimated to take "less than a half day", which I assume is the least amount of time they would reference in a letter like this, to keep customers from relying in it being a 30 minute procedure and being frustrated if it went longer than anticipated. For mine, the update part (where I saw my car sitting in the work bay) was about 40 minutes, and total time at the dealer was about 1hr 10min. So under normal circumstances it's quick but stuff happens in scheduling, which is why they note that also in the letter.

For those who never received a letter, I scanned the 13B07 letter and tip sheet for MPG improvement, is located on the thread linked below.

http://fordfusionhybridforum.com/topic/7334-customer-satisfaction-program/?p=62572

Added - personally I would not hesitate to get it. Today was my best commute-combo day yet (58 miles each way today): 55.1 in the morning, 61.2 in the afternoon.

Edited by jeff_h

Yep, me too. This morning I didn't take care to watch my braking, or anything else since I had a late start and traffic was heavier than normal. Still got 46.2, with a 96% brake. I was like, Hmm that's not bad!

Best part of the commute though, I got passed by a Walter in a Pickup who passed not only me, but the guy behind me, he also kicked up a rock that smacked my windshield, but no damage. At the first light miles away, I was right behind him. Then the next light, then the next light, then the next light( my Flying friend just happened to be in front of him, so I waved to him when I passed him). then we turned onto 14 and I caught the next light as it turned, I was in the right lane, Walter was in the left, and someone was turning left, so I breezed past, then Walter swerves into the right lane and blows the red light! Lets just say, for the rest of my commute he was far behind me, and I wasn't speeding.

Drive Smarter, Not Faster!

I Lol'd, my wife Lol'd. My friend was confused.

It's good see that at least one persons not so good doing car has been "fixed" by this update.

I dont think there is a car out there that I would want as a Fun driver. really no place to have fun with one if you know what I mean. Now if I could afford one, it would be a plane, like maybe a T6 or T28 or maybe even a T34. Those would be fun! Dont need no stinking roads(except in emergency when you need to land in a hurry)