GrayStrider

So, How Many Miles Have You Put on Your FFH?

Today is exactly 3 months since I took delivery and I have 8445 miles on my HyTi! Loved every mile of it!

We are pretty close then.... today is exactly 6 months for me, and currently at 17,600.

3200 miles in 34 days. 8400 miles on the other one in 4 months, and it wasn't the primary car. Nearing 3000 on the Flex too. The 2010 had 44K on it when I traded it, and had 34K when I got the first SE FFH. If I had just one car, it would have 26k on it by now starting end of November.

We drive way too much!

Not much choice from where you life do you?

Well, we could ride the horses, but no place to tie them up, and they may frown at the piles of poop they leave behind.

Isn't hay more expensive than fuel, mile for mile - especially in your neck of the woods?

I know a steaming pile of consumed hay doesn't have as high a BTU rating as gasoline.

Yep cost more per bale than a gallon of gas, but feeds 3 horses a day. The resulting pile of reconfigured hay left over makes great fertilizer, but takes at least 4 years to cool down enough to use without burning the plants. You should see my garden this year, the tomatoes are higher than my kids, and the squash plant is a monster. I think it would be more like miles per pound though, and the high octane hay is very expensive, so we feed the lower octane variety.

I just realized I put 6200 miles on my two cars in 3 months. OUCH!

I'll have mine for 7 weeks tomorrow and will have 3300 by the end of the day, so close to 59 per day. The daily/weekly average has been dropping recently as I put on 1800 in the first 2 weeks after 2 cross-state trips.