I think it balances out - I will hit 16k miles on mine in a few days and haven't been back to the dealer, don't plan to go back until July 15th to get the 13S04 recall check done, along with the ping pong TSB.

I dont plan(and I better not have to) for 10K miles, or 3 months for the first oil change.

BTW, are rental cars given out during the factory warranty period part of the basic Ford warranty,

part of the ESP warranty, or just a Ford/dealer courtesy?

BTW, are rental cars given out during the factory warranty period part of the basic Ford warranty,

part of the ESP warranty, or just a Ford/dealer courtesy?

From what I found it depends on the dealer. For a while my dealer didnt have loaners, you were on your own, but now they have them again. If it is through Ford, it might be in the warranty handbook.

Weird thing when I cancelled my ESP to buy the new ESP - they said there was an additional charge/deduction in refund because

I had used the warranty at some point, could not tell me specifics.

However, my dealer too did have rentals, then they didn't, but Ford still covered cost of rentals from Enterprise down the street.

That's what I got in the first few weeks of owning my 2010, but wasn't sure if the ESP was paying for it, or the standard

warranty - didn't care. And that was the only repair I ever had on the 2010 under any warranty. So not sure why the

charge on the ESP refund.

The dealer tells me now, the cracking TSB would be covered with a rental under the standard Ford warranty.

There are 2 deductions from what I know on the ESP. Time and miles, and warranty claims. If you just got it, and then cancel it, there is a deduction, something like $75. They also deduct for how many miles are on the car and how long you had it since you purchased the ESP, they prorate off that, and then of course if beyond the factory warranty, any claims are also deducted.