fusionTX

Actual vs Computed

I got a couple warnings yesterday, one for the cross traffic alert, and one other, but dont remember what it was. I attribute both to the damp weather, my 10 was the same way.

Acdii, you disappoint me, I asked a question and didn't get an answer, what's up?

Oh, never mind, I remember now, you're polishing and detailing your cars, that is a good reason, I know I spend a lot of time doing same.

So, I looked it up:

A dashboard (also called dash, instrument panel, or fascia) is a control panel placed in front of the driver of an automobile, housing instrumentation and controls for operation of the vehicle.

The word originally applied to a barrier of wood or leather fixed at the front of a horse-drawn carriage or sleigh to protect the driver from mud or other debris "dashed" (thrown) up by the wheels and horses' hooves.

DOH! I knew that too!

Nah, been a very busy day at work today, just taking a small break now to peruse the the forum.

Strange that this happens almost at the 10k miles driven point. Computer mis-alignment....

I wonder if Jeff's car did this? Or, any other cars with over 9,000 miles.

I really think our early Job 1 cars need a software update for the operational OS.

Besides, your car and its high mileage and mine have one huge difference, mine has a loose nut behind the steering wheel.

Quirky behavior.

Mine only has 2500 miles on it and the past 2 fill ups I've put 1.5 gallons over the trip setting with only 1 or 2 extra clicks. Not as bad as what you guys are reporting, but it's quite annoying to "lose" 4 mpg by using correct math.

Old news really, I mentioned this way back when I had the first FFH SE. It was well under actual. With GPS to compare to the speedometer is low, so slow Speedo gets lower distance calculated.

On the Flip side, the car will have fewer miles reported than are really on it.

Always look on the bright side of life.

At least this new one is reporting equally every trip, unlike the last one. Every trip is consistent, where the other one would vary by as much as a half mile. When I talked with the Hybrid tech he said there is an allowed variance of as much as 10% with the speedometer. The HyTi I have now is consistent with the 2010 as the trip miles add up with that car. That means both cars are 23 @ 25, meaning that when the speedo is at 25 actual is 23.

Interesting tibbit. I was doing a lot of traveling this weekend and decided to top off before leaving as gas is cheaper here than my destination. My trip gauge said I'd used about 3.5 gallons, however the tank only took 3.1 after 4 clicks

Perhaps the gauges are most accurate at the half-tank mark?

If you want repeat-ability on fill-ups, fill at the lowest notch and quit at the first shutoff. Putting in more clicks is less accurate. If you get another gallon in that's 45 more miles in a 500 mile tank.

Edited by lolder