fusionTX

Actual vs Computed

I don't know if there's a trend to me found, but possibly. My display says 48.4 and manual calc via fuelly is 46.74 so mine is a bit off... though I've seen others on here stating that theirs were spot-on the same.

But I would expect most to be off by a tad -- my Prius and 2010 FFH were both about 1.5 MPG optimistic on the display, so this 2013 FFH is just following suit, from what I've seen thus far.

My flex is only .4 MPG off. Right now lifetime is sitting at 21, and actual is 20.6. The 10 Fusion is sitting at 41.8.

I wished the Fusion tank was like the Flex. First click and its full. Any more clicks puts in ounces. I also tend to use the same pump too, rarely do I have to go elsewhere to fill up.

This is why Ford had a difficult time with me when the plugs fouled. They said it was bad gas, and I said, o really, then why arent the plugs fouled in my other Fusion that gets the same gas from the same pump? ;) Crickets chirped. Then they said, well, maybe you got some bad plugs. Whatever, 4 plugs out of 100's of thousands, and they were the only bad ones. Ok, go ahead and believe that Ford. ppffft. :headspin:

In any case, this is why I tend to use the same gas station when I can, and the same pump, consistent fills and accountability. :)

This is one of those things I have been thinking about ever since I got my F150. I used to fill the tank up to match what the computer said I used, which usually was the first click. My thinking is that the trip estimate of gallons used, is just that, an estimate, and eventually it will reach a point where it will take much more to fill the tank than what was reported used. It seems that you just proved that theory, I didnt have the truck long enough to find out.

I am filling only to first click on the new Fusion and will see how it does. I dont fill at full throttle either, just the first step on the handle lock. So far seems to be working as it is very close to the trip computer. After reading many posts regarding the filling issues, I do a slow fill so it can vent.

Apparently Temp does have some affect. Until today I haven't had fill issues, but today, high 80's and over 70% humidity, I had trouble putting gas in, on the slowest setting, which I normally do, it clicked off at 3.8 gallons. Huh? Then clicked off again a 8 gallons, and I knew it used more, so wound up putting in at least a gallon more than what the dash said by the time I was done. It was also raining pretty hard, and had just started to rain, so the temp had dropped from 86 to 68 from when I pulled in to when I had started pumping. Screwed with my Fuelly too. At only 1749 miles. Up until then the dash and pump matched.