Osofast

Battery saver message

For some reason I got to thinking that maybe there is a short in the system somewhere and it's slowly draining the battery. I'm sure they have checked for that, but what if it was missed because the draw was so little. Maybe testing the voltage every day? That would mean having the car sit idle for a few days though and maybe that isn't feasible. ;(

That explanation makes perfect sense(wow, thats rare that Ford can actually explain something that makes sense!). It also explains why those of use who drive long trips have never seen the BS(except those who actually had bad batteries). Seeing the battery voltage as normal while seeing the BS on the screen is further proof that they may be correct in that explanation.

I guess it can be tested, I could try it in my FFH and Flex and see, but how many short key cycles would it take. The Flex also has BS, I have seen it when I had the radio on while detailing, so would be interesting to see if it does the same thing.

I got my 2013 Fusion Hybrid in June of 2013 and I get this battery saver message from time to time. It seems pretty random. The weather has warmed up over here the past two days. It's above 50 degrees and I've been getting the battery saver message since yesterday. What bothers me is the unpleasant chiming noise it makes when in battery saver mode. I guess the problem will randomly go away in a few days or so.

I think I need to take mine in as well, it's been doing Battery saver now for about a month solid.....

Hi folks,

Just wanted to pop in and remind you that I'm here to help with this battery concern. Just PM me your name, phone number, VIN, mileage, and dealer info. I'll take a look and see how I can assist.

Ashley