Osofast

Battery saver message

The hard reset and programming does make sense. The computers keep a table of values, and if a value starts out at one setting, and suddenly changes to another, it can skew the entire table. Will be interesting to see if the hard reset resolved the problem.

For those still getting the BSM, what is the voltage at the battery when it occurs?

The first FFHSE had these come up every so often, but my HyTi has been trouble free, so it could be a Job1 bug.

Well some misinformation here. First, there is no difference between a regular car and the Hybrid, once the ICE is running. Once the engine is started, the alternator takes over all the duties, same as the DC2DC converter. The only difference between Hybrid and non Hybrid is in Starting. This takes a large draw off the 12v battery, which the alternator quickly puts back into the battery.

Both types of cars run off the 12v when the ignition is off, to keep alive the computers memory, and provide accessory power. Here is what I am seeing as abnormal though, in a regular car the alternator will continue to charge until the battery has been fully recharged, where the FFH peters off after a bit. My thinking is the programming on the charge circuit is being too safe, and is mimicking the LiOn charger. The short trips, and lengthy rest periods attribute to low battery SOC. As far the battery, Lead/Acid batteries tend to calcify if not cycled. If kept at peak charge and not drawn down, they eventually lose capacity, but if drawn down and recharged, even if down to 10% they can recover. I have had some batteries that were down to 2 volts and they fully recovered and lasted a few more years. They had to be shock charged a few times before they would take a charge and resume 13 volts.

Since we dont know if the battery used in the FFH was designed specifically for the FFH, we really dont know if it is supposed to be a deep cycle or not, yet we do know it doesn't need to be a high CCA battery since it doesnt have to put out 100 amps to crank over an ICE.