B25Nut

Send a Review to Edmunds

I can understand the motivation for the counter-reviews, but honestly, I also understand the position of acdii, MXGOLF, and others. After all, put yourself in their position where you'd just put down 30-36 large on a car and was getting 15-30 percent lower mileage than advertised? If some of the owners hadn't had previous experience with a hybrid, I'd be more apt to dismiss the claims as driver error rather than something mechanical. I believe however that there have likely been some mechanical issues for at least some of the cars.

Respectfully and most certainly non-antagonistically, I don't think it's necessarily the responsibility of MXGOLF and others to get to the problem of their lower-than-normal fuel mileage. Ford should be the ones trying to get to the bottom of the problem with those vehicles; whether it's with a driver education program or investigation/inspection of the mechanicals. Actually, Ford, if you're listening, I have an idea. Why not begin development of a software program that would perform a detailed analysis of the OBD data and potentially highlight issues which might be affecting mileage, whether they be driving patterns, temperature patterns, or even mechanical problems. You could do two versions, one that the dealer sees (that the public doesn't see) that has a lot more diagnostic data, and one that you could distribute to the public that people who were the tinkering type could download and see on their own. I'd call it, "MyFordCoach" :-).

What would be even better is a recorder like those used by Progressive to record the driving patterns of the drivers. I mean it wasnt like I wasnt trying to get the most out of it, but try explaining that to some person sitting behind her desk touting the company line.

I mean, seriously, I am getting almost 21 MPG in a 365 HP twin turbo charged brick rated at 18 MPG in the same driving I do with my Fusions. I would say thats some pretty good returns, and getting above EPA city in the 2010 as well. If I do get another one, the true test will come forth, if I wind up with the same results, well no one to blame but me, but if I return results like others here do, then that is proof positive there WAS an issue. We shall see someday.

I do like that idea a lot.