lmp180psu

Engine warmup/staying warm

Unlike the block heater in the Powerstrokes, I believe the heater on the Fusion heats the oil, not the coolant. Not sure the wattage, but the one in the Diesel was 1500 watts, and would get the meter spinning big time.

Speaking of shutters, did you know the $40,000 diagnostic computer Ford uses doesn't not have a diagnostic for the shutters? I asked if they checked if the shutters were working correctly, and all I got was a shrug, they have no way of knowing. Now that I think back, when I looked at the shutters with the car off, they looked partially closed. If it turns out that all this time it was a shutter problem, I wont be very happy.

It is Hard to believe people are so miss informed at FORD.

It's a training issue. Majority of the sale people have no clue what they are selling, have no idea how to work the MFT, barely know Sync. I did find out yesterday that the sales people at Lincoln do take classes to learn the aspects of the new vehicles, but none had a clue yet on the MKZ Hybrid. From what I can see they just started hitting the showrooms.

Pretty sad when the customer knows more about the cars the salesguys are selling than they do.

A funny sight on this trip was the rare sight of seeing a Prius pulled over by the Highway Patrol. Yesterday was my last class on climate change. One of the speakers (who is a teacher) realated how proud he was of his daughter and her husband for living in a log cabin up in Washington. The electricity they use comes from a neighbor's solar panels and only powers their computers. Candles are the only lighting. Such a great example of what our children should strive for (not!).

Sounds more like going backwards, or maybe they are afraid of the mercury in CFL's or cant afford LED lighting.

That temp gauge is not accurate. It will be at the halfway mark when its 146* or 198*. Only true way to know is to have it in EM and look at the actual temp readout, its in Celsius so has to be converted for us non metric guys. There is a definite temperature curse on these. It was warmer last night, so it was easier to maintain 40, but 8* colder today and it was not easy at all, in fact I gave up after the first 10 miles and just drove it like I do my other one. I sure hope it does snow today, thats the only reason I drove it, dont want to keep adding miles on until I can get a resolution from Ford. It's also cheaper to drive my other car.

Our 2010 got 41.8 last night! I really need to get the wife to keep it clean, its a good car, and want it to last.

Drove home in the snow storm tonight, took about 90 minutes, and the car didn't really warm up until about 45 minutes into the drive. My feet are still cold! Going to spend some time on it this weekend and see what I can do to block off the grill. BRRRR