GreatLakes

Cooling system stinks up car even in winter

BTW I sent a message to Fordcustomerservice over at the Flex Forum. Maybe coming from a Mod from that site and this site would entice them to show up here.

UPDATE:

I just talked to the Service Manager at my dealer, they are really working hard on a solution to make sure this smell is fixed and doesn't come back.

From what I was told they pulled up the sill plates and checked under the front carpets for any sign of mositure and didn't find anything, that leads them to believe it's 100% something inside the system creating the smell.

They have talked with a Ford service engineer who apparently has knowledge of this problem (i'm not sure if he said working on this problem or has knowledge of this problem so don't quote me that Ford is working on a fix).

The Ford engineer thinks it's a problem with the accumulator in the a/c system. According to my service manager they were instructed to spray some kind of coating to coat the accumulator and this should somehow stop the build up of any water accumulation. They are leaving my car in the shop another day and want to smell it tomorrow to make sure the problem is gone. Hopefully this is the fix we've all been waiting for but we shall see.

What "might" be happening is the Accumulator is staying cold, so when you shut down, and warm moist air enters the car, it starts to sweat, causing moisture to build up inside, thereby causing the mold to form. The coating may be to act as an insulator to stop it from sweating.

What exactly does the Ford Rep do at the Flex Forum? Even if the Ford Rep didn't say much, it would be good to know that they're at least reading and are cognizant of owner concerns. Ford has organized a few C-Max Hybrid events that some C-Max Forum members have posted about in detail where Ford was getting customer feedback. Yet, we have not heard of any such attempts by Ford to get FFH feedback from owners.

What the rep does is work with Customer Service to help owners who have a problem. They act as an online go between with the owner and Ford support to help open a trouble case. They helped me out with my F150 and attempted to with my Fusion. They also act as eyes and ears between owners and Ford. For example, when we talk about the crappy marketing they are doing, they could most likely pass it on to their peers.

BTW I did get a response back from them, they are considering it, but are short staffed at the moment to commit to it.