AptosDriver

FFH deal benchmark?

Your FFH purchase -- a good deal?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think you got a good deal on your FFH?

• Yes, I got a good deal.
    • I could have done better.
  2. 2. How much did you pay over invoice?

• $100
    • $250
    • $500
    • $1,000
    • Don't ask!

Hmmm, something's missing here.

I don't remember any incentives on the hybrids a few months back, so why would a dealer sell at 4k below cost?

Eneg

Eneg,

In South Central Virginia we had incentives extended to all Ford Models including the Hybrid but excluding the Shelby. If I remember correctly it was back in Sept-Oct. and the incentive was 0%-60 months or something like 3000.00 cash back on all 2010 models.

Egen,

I understand your point. It's just my perception with the vehicle but......Florida is a much hotter market for Hybrids given the lack of temp swing and the terrain. I'm not saying we don't have a good number of them here in Central VA on the I-95 corridor (considering we own one of each species...Fusion and Prius....) ;) but given our winters I would say that some are reluctant to make the switch and this has some Dealerships offering incentives or perks to entice folks to get the old model year off the lot. I watch things here too, mainly because I like to see the trend so I can determine when before our warranty is up I will decide to trade up. There were 3 or 4 separate dealerships in the area that had an abundance of 2010 FFH's and they weren't bringing in the 2011's until the others were gone. The dealership I purchased from had 8 as late as October but on my last trip in November....they were gone. Living in many different regions of the country over the last 30 years I would say that it's not uncommon for the "area dealers" to increase incentives over and above what the factory issues. The only markets out of all those where things were as the factory stated were on vehicles that were sought after in that area.

I also remember driving to another state to get a deal on a vehicle but the trouble nowadays is that the states have wised up on taxes and you end up getting nailed. When we moved from Missouri to Virginia in 2006, I wished that we had waited to replace our totaled Odyssey until we arrived here but making our way across the country in an Accord coupe was just not in the cards. If we had waited..... we would have saved probably 2 grand out of pocket in the end between taxes and other things especially since in Missouri you do not pay sales tax on the vehicle at the dealership. Payments are made at the DMV.