Sign in to follow this  
buster2209

Wiper Blade Judder

I tried a couple of name brands, which did the same thing or worse, then tried the no-name wiper blades at O'rielly Auto, and they're the best. No skipping or anything.

No, you're certainly not the only one experiencing this. See this thread.

I have the issue with my MKZ as well but it seems to come and go, which leads me to believe that it's related to what's on the glass. I haven't tried changing the blades yet.

Edited by drolds1

Which ones?

I don't think they're shown in the link you provided. They were just the cheapest ones. Maybe the cheap Anco. I'll check next time I'm there, as I bought them at the store, not over the web. Sorry.

I really liked Bosch Microedge for my Grand Cherokee, but I never catch them when they're in stock.

The worst ones I tried were the Rain-X Latitudes. The special structure which is supposed to keep contact left blank streaks from day one! Both blades.

I see a few people on the forum really liked the Bosch Icons so it's nice to see you had a positive experience with a Bosch wiper blades. i did see the ones you mentioned but I like the look of the icons.

It still boggles my mind that a a brand new car has a problem with such a silly thing,...

Okay y'all don't turn on your wipers until it starts raining. lol

Edited by FFHdriver

The OEM wipers are junk and I got tired of screwing around with inferior replacement wipers so today I bought some Bosch Icon wipers. A couple of weeks ago I went to get Icon's but ended up purchasing some Anco Contour because they were two for one and the clerk said they were as good as the Bosch, no way. The Anco's left streaks at the top of the windshield and are flimsy compared to the Icon's. I haven't driven in any weather but I can tell from the washer they clear the windshield much better. They were pricey, $44 for the two but hopefully worth it. For those interested the Bosch stock #'s are: 419B and 424A.

Edited by 2010 Sport Blue SEL

Hi, one of the first things I did was change my wiper blades.

I shopped around and decided on buying the PIAA silicone blades

on the net. They are pricey but very good......don't forget a very

important element for a clear / clean windshield without juddering EVER

is to have it treated with Rain/X or Aquapel treatment it will prolong the life

of your blades X 3. PIAA Super Sporza Silicone w/Spoiler Wiper Blades (Black)

Here is the link, they also look great with the spoiler like I bought.

IMO Rain- X is crap. It leaves a film which is very hard to get off when you want a very clean windshield. Of course opinons are like noses, everyone has one.

When I tried Rain-X, it was great at first, then it just became trouble. Maybe if you keep applying it religously...