Could the BCM (body control module) be re programed to add this ((easy software update))(((if Fo.Mo.Co. admits they need to))) but if its a combo of hardware and software good luck getting this done under warranty censored.gif http://www.ehow.com/how-does_5003955_body-control-module-work_.html

Sounds almost as if the feature was removed from the 2011s but the owners manual wasn't updated (darn ole cut n paste) redcard.gif

I don't have wiring diagrams but I know the SJB controls the headlamps based on other problems and issues that have occured in the past with DRL activation, aftermarket HIDs, etc. and it doesn't take rocket science to look at what's working and not working and make some simple deductions.

There's no need to get nasty - I'm just trying to help you understand where the problem might be. I never said it was normal or ok - I think it was wrong for that feature to be removed whether it was done on purpose or not. And I agree it should be fixed if possible.

However, I'm also a realist and things like this happen a lot where features are changed but the manuals don't get updated. Or it might be a bug that Ford simply chooses not to fix. I hope that's not the case but it does happen. All you can do is get them to acknowledge that it's not working like the manual describes (and make sure that they're not confusing this with the puddle lamps) and see what they decide to do about it.

My Motorola cell phone owners manual lists features that the phone doesn't have. Manual re-printing doesn't always keep up with assembly line updates/changes.

Edited by FFHdriver

My Motorola cell phone owners manual lists features that the phone doesn't have. Manual re-printing doesn't always keep up with assembly line updates/changes.

My dealer spent 2 hours trying to figure out why my Home Link didn't work. Turned out that Ford switched from Home Link to Lear Car2u in some 2010s but didn't update the owners guide. It was in the shop manual though.

Frustrating, but it happens.

And it keeps getting STRANGER. The DRL's are active. The wife pulls into the driveway the other day, I was sitting on the front porch where I could see the front of the car. She stops to throw something in the trash. Puts it in park( the DRL's go out).When she gets out of the car the fog lights come on with the parking lots for 24 seconds and then go out

Fog light part is strange, but the DRL's are only supposed to be on when the car is in Drive. I had them turned on by the dealer.