When you activated the feature, did the horn chirp, then honk (one short and one long)? If not then the feature wasn't activated. If it did, be aware that the headlights won't come on during the daytime. If they still don't come on at night then a trip to the dealer is in order.

I just checked mine to see if I could change the programming. Mine isn't a 2011, but no exterior lights on mine except the mirror lights come on when unlocking the doors when i have the feature disabled. The headlights and other exterior lights all come on when it's enabled. Interior lights and mirror puddle lights are on in both cases. Mine works as the owners manual says it should. .

Edited by FFHdriver

Mine is a 2010 Fusion hybrid (some of you have basically seen this)

I have my perimeter feature ENABLED and the car lights up big time (headlights, taillights, not sure about puddle) when I unlock with the key fob when its dark (I get NO lights in the daytime) there is a note in the book ((page 111, 2010 hybrid)) about no perimeter lamps in some vehicles in daylight conditions) hope this helps (could it be only SELs & the hybrids with this feature, the owners manual is clear as mud on this)

Mine is a 2010 Fusion hybrid (some of you have basically seen this)

I have my perimeter feature ENABLED and the car lights up big time (headlights, taillights, not sure about puddle) when I unlock with the key fob when its dark (I get NO lights in the daytime) there is a note in the book ((page 111, 2010 hybrid)) about no perimeter lamps in some vehicles in daylight conditions) hope this helps (could it be only SELs & the hybrids with this feature, the owners manual is clear as mud on this)

On the 2010 model, where is the sensor that turns the lights on/off depending on the time of day? TIA

The light sensor on my 2010 is a marble size thing between the defroster vents, or is it part of the auto dimming rear view mirror - not 100 percent sure. Question for you 2011 owners, if the lights (any lights) come on at night when you unlock do they not come on in the daytime when you do the same (does the car know when its light or dark) ?