Sign in to follow this  
bigb252

Car Got Slammed!!

Hit and run driver. My car was parked at home, and I went in the other vehicle...came back home to find the side of my car totally f*cked up! Needless to say, insurance won't cover it, and I have to pull the money out my ass somehow to fix it back up.

img00008201007221136.jpg

img00009201007221136.jpg

So the two side windows won't go down, and my A/C doesn't work because of the bad ignition coils. I'm dripping wet with sweat every time I use my car...

When it rains it pours, right?

Wow! Sorry to see that. People suck, don't they? Amazing the side mirror is still there. Well, just believe that karma will catch up to whoever did that. If they have the kind of life that they would do something like that and just get away with it because 'I can't get caught', I can pretty much guarranty they already lead a miserable life and are probably too ignorant to realize it!

Anyways, I was just curious for my education and maybe for others, I always assumed my insurance covered for things like this, minus a deductable of course. How is this not covered, and what do we have to do to get protected? This is a good opportunity for many of us to learn. Kind of sounds like those new commercials out with the guy in the suit acting like the wind, or a teenage girl, and trashing cars saying your insurance may not cover those things. I assume since I have a big name company that's not the case for me, but who knows?

Good luck with the repairs.

Wow! Sorry to see that. People suck, don't they? Amazing the side mirror is still there. Well, just believe that karma will catch up to whoever did that. If they have the kind of life that they would do something like that and just get away with it because 'I can't get caught', I can pretty much guarranty they already lead a miserable life and are probably too ignorant to realize it!

Anyways, I was just curious for my education and maybe for others, I always assumed my insurance covered for things like this, minus a deductable of course. How is this not covered, and what do we have to do to get protected? This is a good opportunity for many of us to learn. Kind of sounds like those new commercials out with the guy in the suit acting like the wind, or a teenage girl, and trashing cars saying your insurance may not cover those things. I assume since I have a big name company that's not the case for me, but who knows?

Good luck with the repairs.

Liability coverage, with no uninsured + hit and run coverage...never saw it coming...

Plus I'm a broke college student under 25, so I didn't want to get murdered with car insurance payments-

Yea, the side mirror still works! Pieces of shattered mirror were all over the place, and I have to use the little 3x4 piece to see...the mirror motor still works, it just that the housing behind it wouldn't let the motor adjust it or whatnot.

Paid for the car in full last year, a 2006 v6 with 27k miles for $8000 flat

Thx for the reply bbf. Sounds like you know a thing or two (or 3 or 4! ) about insurance! You in the business?

I only did liability on my previous car for a few months prior to trading it for my Fusion. I was already at the point financially that if something happened to it, I could go find a replacement. I was wishing someone would steal it, as I think I could have got more for it! (Before I went to liability only, of course.) :hysterical:

Sorry for what you'll have to deal with bigb. Thx for being big enough to tell us about the situation. Maybe others will learn from it. Confuscious say 'a wise man learns from his mistakes'. I say 'a wiser man learns from other peoples mistakes'!