Sign in to follow this  
Randy

Discolored interior

I've had my FFH since November and have been very happy. Unfortunately, now that it's gotten hot here in the south I've noticed my black interior has become spottled. Has anyone seen any discoloration on their dash? It looks like it's happening all across the dash.

The dealership took pictures and sent them off to Ford. No word on what they might do.

Most of them do this. Clean it with a damp cloth as the Owners Gide suggests. It will return, however.

I have the light stone cloth interior - no problems here, (do all FFH's have the same dash) ?

post-4048-096885000 1280714143_thumb.jpg

I've had my FFH since November and have been very happy. Unfortunately, now that it's gotten hot here in the south I've noticed my black interior has become spottled. Has anyone seen any discoloration on their dash? It looks like it's happening all across the dash.

The dealership took pictures and sent them off to Ford. No word on what they might do.

Just heard back from the dealership. Ford is replacing the dash under the terms of the warranty. While part of me is glad, I'm worried about replacing a factory-installed dashboard at the dealership... especially if other posters had the problem resolved with Meguiars. Should I ask them to try cleaning it first with one of their own products? Or maybe they've gone ahead and approved the replacement because they've received similar complaints from that production line?

The new dash is supposed to be here later this week.

Just heard back from the dealership. Ford is replacing the dash under the terms of the warranty. While part of me is glad, I'm worried about replacing a factory-installed dashboard at the dealership... especially if other posters had the problem resolved with Meguiars. Should I ask them to try cleaning it first with one of their own products? Or maybe they've gone ahead and approved the replacement because they've received similar complaints from that production line?

The new dash is supposed to be here later this week.

I;d let them replace it.

We had our headliner replaced in our 2005 Escape because the factory install job kept falling down. They used a local company that specializes in it. Perfect job. You wouldn't know it was not done at the factory. After over 5 years still looks great with no problems.

Dan