mirak

Should I update Sync?

I'm still rolling around with whatever version of Sync was installed in my Fusion when I took delivery last September. Generally, it works pretty well, but that stupid "vehicle history report" thing never works, the voice prompts ("phone" before "call") are convuluted, and the system is just a little bit buggy overall.

I also wish it could be set up to bypass the "USB" prompt and just say "play", since USB is the only media I play in the car.

Does upgrading to the latest version of Sync have any noticable advantages?

It fixes some bugs....including problems with the Vehicle History Report. It's easy...no reason not to take a few minutes to update.

Got mine on Oct. 5th and updated mine twice. Really quite simple.

I also wish it could be set up to bypass the "USB" prompt and just say "play", since USB is the only media I play in the car.

There is a setting (I cant remember where off the top of my head but dig around) where you set the default to USB/sync (advanced sync mode or something like that)

Anyway, while your music is playing, if you ever hit the voice button it will already be directed at the sync menu so all you have to do is say "play ......"

Not sure if that is what you were referring to or not.

Isn't the latest version 3.1? That came out in 09.

That's what I thought too...

What is the last version?