Sign in to follow this  
Zacher

Map Update is now Available

Map Update  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Will you update?

Revived old post, and started new one here:

Update is available here for $199.00 USD. V.2011.

You will need the application number from your system to order that can be obtained by pressing the information or 'i' button on your Navigation system.

Revived old post, and started new one here:

Update is available here for $199.00 USD. V.2011.

You will need the application number from your system to order that can be obtained by pressing the information or 'i' button on your Navigation system.

I bet that is still the current, 2009 version 2.0. I would wait for 3.0. From NAVTEQ:

Thank you for contacting NAVTEQ. The latest disc for your 2010 Fusion is version 2.0 which was released November 2009. Generally new map updates come out ever 12-18 months. This can be ordered online by visiting NAVTEQ’s web store at
or over the phone.

If you need additional assistance, please send us your feedback by replying to this email or by speaking with one of our agents at the number provided below, Monday through Friday.

Kind regards,

NAVTEQ Customer Service

P.O. Box 1588

Orem, UT 84059

I bet that is still the current, 2009 version 2.0. I would wait for 3.0. From NAVTEQ:

Thank you for contacting NAVTEQ. The latest disc for your 2010 Fusion is version 2.0 which was released November 2009. Generally new map updates come out ever 12-18 months. This can be ordered online by visiting NAVTEQ’s web store at
or over the phone.

If you need additional assistance, please send us your feedback by replying to this email or by speaking with one of our agents at the number provided below, Monday through Friday.

Kind regards,

NAVTEQ Customer Service

P.O. Box 1588

Orem, UT 84059

Ford's map updates are sickening. All these other car companies and portable system have updated every few months. Ford NAV system is pretty impressive and revivals many portable ones and probably the best car system I've seen to date, but the maps are sickly old. The Nov 09 maps are almost 2 years old (based on missing streets near me.

Ford buys it's maps from Navteq, the same company that supplies Garmin and most of the other OEMs. Navteq only updates their maps once a year.

I'm going to have to disagree there. Garmin has map updates every 1-2 months now. And on a side note my 2 year old Garmin had newer maps then my 8 month old FFH.

I' m not falling for that old trick this time. I did it once with my Infiniti G. You really need to wait a few years to make it worth you while.

Just got a letter in the mail about the 2011 Update for my Fusion. $199 + 9.95 shipping. what a waste of money.

I' m not falling for that old trick this time. I did it once with my Infiniti G. You really need to wait a few years to make it worth you while.

+1 -- I'll wait until the next one comes out in another year or so, don't want to pay $200 twice

My July build of my FFH was version 1.0 of the navigation map data. This recent update; the one being discussed here, is version 3.1x of the software. I just installed it and can confirm it.

post-3936-029897000 1280431849_thumb.jpg

or over the phone.

Kind regards,

NAVTEQ Customer Service

P.O. Box 1588

Orem, UT 84059

My July build of my FFH was version 1.0 of the navigation map data. This recent update; the one being discussed here, is version 3.1x of the software. I just installed it and can confirm it.

post-3936-029897000 1280431849_thumb.jpg

My build is also 1.0x, however not sure 200USD is worth the upgrade for us Canadians. Specially living in a smaller city.

Why is it that I can buy a map update for my Garmin for $70 and the Ford version is $200, even from Navteq!

Just got my letter in the mail from ford about the $200 upgrade... what a joke. Maybe if my maps were 2 or 3 years old, but 1... no way. I guess if I lived in an area that had constantly changing POI's, roads, etc it may make sense. Love the car, love my FFH, but not loving the price for an updated map DVD

Just got my Map update from Ford (After complaining for the last 8 months that my 2010 card came with 2008 maps) they gave me a copy for free. Anyways its installing now but this is going to take a LONG tine. the instructions says 2 hrs for the first disc and 1 hr for the 2nd.

Really? 3 hrs to install map data, thats pretty pathetic. Luckily you can have your car off during the process.

Just got my Map update from Ford (After complaining for the last 8 months that my 2010 card came with 2008 maps) they gave me a copy for free. Anyways its installing now but this is going to take a LONG tine. the instructions says 2 hrs for the first disc and 1 hr for the 2nd.

Really? 3 hrs to install map data, thats pretty pathetic. Luckily you can have your car off during the process.

That was no exaggeration either. It really took that long.

That was no exaggeration either. It really took that long.

I'm actually interested in how that really worked. What do they have a 4200 RPM hard drive in the car, and it some how managed to stay powered up for 3 hrs with the car off, obviously its using power from somewhere.

They've got to be kidding with the price! It'll be four or five years before I upgrade (unless the price goes up much more - in which case I won't upgrade at all)